Wet surface resistance of forest canopy in monsoon Asia: Implications for eddy-covariance measurement of evapotranspiration
Article first published online: 15 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 28, Issue 1, pages 37–42, 01 January 2014
How to Cite
Hong, J., Takagi, K., Ohta, T. and Kodama, Y. (2014), Wet surface resistance of forest canopy in monsoon Asia: Implications for eddy-covariance measurement of evapotranspiration. Hydrol. Process., 28: 37–42. doi: 10.1002/hyp.9547
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 15 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 SEP 2012 05:55AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 10 JAN 2012
- 1994. The sensitivity of winter evaporation to the formulation of aerodynamic resistance in the ECMWF model. Boundary-Layer Meteorology 71: 135–149. , .
- 2007. Interception water-partitioning dynamics for a pristine rainforest in central amazonia: marked differences between normal and dry years. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 145: 69–83. , , , , , .
- 2009. Detecting rainfall interception in an Amazonian rain forest with eddy flux measurements. Journal of Hydrology 377: 92–105. , .
- 2001. Gap filling strategy for defensible annual sums of net ecosystem exchange. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 107(1): 43–69. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. What the towers don't see at night: nocturnal sap flow in trees and shrubs at two ameriflux sites in california. Tree Physiology 27: 597–610. , , , , .
- 1979. An analytical model of rainfall interception in forests. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 105: 43–55. .
- 1999. Estimates and measurements of evaporation from wet, sparse pine forest in portugal. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 94: 149–158. , , .
- 1996. Measurements of carbon sequestration by long-term eddy covariance: Methods and a critical evaluation of accuracy. Global Change Biology 2: 169–182. , , , , .
- 2005. Objective threshold determination for nighttime eddy flux filtering. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 128: 179–197. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Impact of the Asian monsoon climate on ecosystem carbon and water exchanges: A wavelet analysis and its ecosystem modeling implications. Global Change Biology 17: 1900–1916. , .
- 2008. Estimation of the storage and advection effects on H2O and CO2 exchanges in a hilly KoFlux forest catchment. Water Research 44: W01426. DOI:10.1029/2007WR006408. , , , .
- 2009. Standardization of KoFlux eddy-covariance data processing. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 11: 19–26. , , , , , .
- 2009. Evapotranspiration from a deciduous forest in a complex terrain and a heterogeneous farmland under monsoon climate. Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences 45: 175–191. , , , , , .
- 2007. The partitioning of evapotranspiration into transpiration, soil evaporation, and canopy evaporation in a gcm: impacts on land-atmosphere interaction. Journal of Hydrometeorology 8: 862–880. , , , .
- 1993. Aerodynamic and canopy resistance of short-rotation forest in relation to leaf area index and climate. Boundary-Layer Meteorology 66: 265–279. .
- 1994. On the temperature dependence of soil respiration. Functional Ecology 8: 315–323. , .
- 1988. The measurement and modeling of rainfall interception by amazonian rainforest. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 43: 277–294. , , , .
- 2008a. Energy consumption and evapotranspiration at several boreal and temperate forests in the far east. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 148: 1978–1989. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008b. Responses of surface conductance to forest environments in the far east. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 148: 1926–1940. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1983. Predicting effects of vegetation changes on transpiration and evaporation. In Water Deficits and Plant Growth, vol VII, Kozlowsky TT (ed.). Academic Press: New York; 1–47. , .
- 1997. Applicability of the eddy correlation method to measure sensible heat transfer to forest under rainfall conditions. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 86: 193–203. , , , .
- 1965. Evaporation and environment. In The State and Movement of Water in Living Organisms, Symposium of the Society for Experimental Biology. Academic Press: New York; 205–234. .
- 1948. Natural evaporation from open water. Proceedings of the Royal Society A 193: 120–145. .
- 1988. Single-layer models of evaporation from plant canopies are incorrect but useful, whereas multilayer models are correct but useless': discuss. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 15: 705–716. , .
- 1971. A predictive model of rainfall interception in forests. i. derivation of the model from observations in a plantation of corsican pine. Agricultural Meteorology 9: 367–384. , , , .
- 2003. Ecosystem-atmosphere exchange of carbon dioxide over a mixed hardwood forest in northern lower Michigan. Journal of Geophysical Research 108(D14): 4417. DOI:10.1029/2002JD003011. , .
- 2011. Vertical structure of evapotranspiration at a forest site (a case study). Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 151: 709–729. , , , , .
- 1977. Evaporation from the wet canopy of a pine forest. Water Resources Research 13: 915–921. .
- 1975. Momentum, mass and heat exchange of plant communities. In Vegetation and the Atmosphere, Monteith JL (ed.). Academic Press: London; 57–110. .
- 2003. Average wet canopy evaporation for a sitka spruce forest derived using the eddy correlation-energy balance technique. Journal of Hydrology 276: 12–19. , , , , .