Introduction to the special issue ‘Tracer Applications in Sediment Research’
Version of Record online: 20 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Special Issue: Introduction to the special issue ‘Tracer Applications in Sediment Research’
Volume 27, Issue 6, pages 775–780, 15 March 2013
How to Cite
(2013), Introduction to the special issue ‘Tracer Applications in Sediment Research’. Hydrol. Process., 27: 775–780. doi: 10.1002/hyp.9701
- Issue online: 6 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 4 JAN 2013 09:25PM EST
- 2013. Use of 137Cs and 210Pbex measurements on deposits in a karst depression to study the erosional response of a small karst catchment in Southwest China to land-use change. Hydrological Processes 27: 822–829. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9530. , , , , .
- 2011. Assessment of overbank sedimentation rates and associated pollutant transport within the Severnaya Dvina River basin. Geography, Environment, Sustainability 4: 68–84. , , , , , , , .
- 2013. Using Chernobyl-derived 137Cs to document recent sediment deposition rates on the River Plava floodplain (Central European Russia). Hydrological Processes 27: 807–821. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9461. , , , , , , .
- 2007. The use of particle tracking in sediment transport studies. In Balson PS, Collins MB (eds.) Coastal and Shelf Sediment Transport, Geological Society of London Special Publication 274: London; 73–91. , , , .
- 2011. Sedimentation effects on stream communities of salmon rivers. Vladimir Ya. Lenanidov's Biennial Memorial Meetings 4: 572–579. .
- 2011. Sediment targets for informing river catchment management: international experience and prospects. Hydrological Processes 25: 2112–2129. , , , , , .
- 2013a. Contemporary fine-grained bed sediment sources across the River Wensum Demonstration Test Catchment, UK. Hydrological Processes 27: 857–884. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9654. , , , , , , , .
- 2013b. Using a novel tracing-tracking framework to source fine-grained sediment loss to watercourses at sub-catchment scale. Hydrological Processes 27: 959–974. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9652. , , , , .
- 1962. The measurement of sand transport by means of radioactive tracers. Proceedingsof the Royal Society of London A 266(1326): 402–421. , .
- 2013. Unravelling changing sediment sources in a Mediterranean mountain catchment: a Bayesian fingerprinting approach. Hydrological Processes 27: 896–910. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9399. , , , , , .
- 2003. Perspectives on bed load measurement. In Erosion and Sediment Transport Measurements in Rivers: Technological and Methodological Advances, Proceedings of the Oslo Workshop, June 2002, IAHS Publ. no. 283. IAHS Press: Wallingford; 113–125. , .
- 2013. Soil colour as a tracer of sediment dispersion from erosion of forest roads in Chichester State Forest, NSW, Australia. Hydrological Processes 27: 933–942. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9412. .
- 2013. Tracing sediment sources in a tropical highland catchment of central Mexico by using conventional and alternative fingerprinting methods. Hydrological Processes 27: 911–922. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9421. , , , , , , , , , .
- Foster IDL (ed.) 2002. Tracers in Geomorphology. Wiley: Chichester.
- 2011. Sediment source fingerprinting (tracing) and sediment budgets as tools in targeting river and watershed restoration programs. In Stream Restoration in Dynamic Fluvial Systems: Scientific Approaches, Analyses, and Tools. Geophysical Monograph Series 194, American Geophysical Union, 263–291. , .
- 2010. Overbank sedimentation rates on the flood plains of small rivers in Central European Russia. In Proceeding of the Warsaw Symposium, June 2010, IAHS Publ. no.337, IAHS Press: Wallingford; 129–137. , , , .
- 2013. Application of Chernobyl-derived 137Cs fallout for sediment redistribution studies: lessons from European Russia. Hydrological Processes 27: 781–794. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9470. , , .
- 2004. Geochemical behaviour of major and trace elements in suspended particulate material of the Irtysh river, the main tributary of the Ob river, Siberia. Applied Geochemistry 19: 593–610. , , .
- 2003. Use of radio-tracking techniques in bedload transport investigations. In Erosion and Sediment Transport Measurements in Rivers: Technological and Methodological Advances, Proceedings of the Oslo Workshop, Juine 2002, IAHS Publ. no. 283, IAHS Press: Wallingford; 172–180. .
- 2013. Erosion source discrimination in a rural Australian catchment using compound-specific isotope analysis (CSIA). Hydrological Processes 27: 923–932. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9466. , .
- 2009. Determining floodplain sedimentation rates using 137Cs in a low fallout environment dominated by channel- and cultivation-derived sediment inputs, central Queensland, Australia. Journal of Environmental Radioactivity 100: 858–865. , , , .
- 2011. The impact of fine sediment on riverine fish. Hydrological Processes 25: 1800–1821. , , , , .
- 1966. Channel and hillslope processes in a semiarid area. New Mexico: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 352G. , , .
- 2008. Comparative advantages and limitations of the fallout radionuclides 137Cs, 210Pbex and 7Be for assessing soil erosion and sedimentation. Journal of Environmental Radioactivity 99: 1799–1807. , , .
- 2005. Sources of sediment to the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. Marine Pollution Bulletin 51: 200–211. , , , .
- 2012. Sediment source fingerprinting: transforming from a research tool to a management tool. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. DOI: 10.1111/j.1752-1688.2012.00685.x. , , , , .
- 2000. The major element chemistry of sediments from the Darling-Barwon River and its tributaries: Implications for sediment and phosphorus sources. Hydrological Processes 14: 1159–1175. , .
- 2013. The application of fallout radionuclides to determine the dominant erosion process in water supply catchments of subtropical South-East Queensland, Australia. Hydrological Processes 27: 885–895. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9422. , , , , .
- 2013. Using 137Cs and 210Pbex measurements to investigate the sediment budget of a small forested catchment in southern Italy. Hydrological Processes 27: 795–806. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9471. , , .
- 2001. Large-scale patterns of erosion and sediment transport in rivers networks, with examples from Australia. Freshwater and Marine Research 52: 81–99. , , , , , .
- 1971. Desert floods: interim results of observations in the Nahel Yael research watershed, southern Israel, 1965-70. In Results of Research on Representative and Experimental Basins, Proceedings of the Wellington Symposium, December 1970) IAHS Publ. no 96, IAHS Press: Wallingford; 478–493. .
- 2013. Discriminating fine sediment sources and the application of sediment tracers in burned catchments: a review. Hydrological Processes 27: 943–958. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9537. , H, .
- 2003. Radiogenic and isotopic methods for the direct dating of fluvial sediments. In Tools in Fluvial Geomorphology, Kondolf GM, Piegay H (eds). Wiley: Chichester; 233–267. , .
- Stone M (ed). 2000. The Role of Erosion and Sediment Transport in Nutrient and Contaminant Transfer, Proceedings of the Waterloo Symposium, July 2000. IAHS Publ. no 263, IAHS Press: Wallingford.
- 2013. Identification of fluvial sediment sources in the Kharaa River catchment, Northern Mongolia. Hydrological Processes 27: 845–856. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9684. , , , , .
- 1960. Formation and breakdown of Co60-tagged water stable soil aggregates in a Norton silt loam soil. Soil Science 90: 232–238. , .
- 1993. Use of fallout radionuclides as indicators of erosion processes. Hydrological Processes 7: 297–304. , .
- 1998. Determining sources and transit times of suspended sediment within the Murrumbidgee tributaries, NSW, Australia, using fallout 137Cs and 210Pb. Water Resources Research 34: 879–887. , , , .
- 1999. Relating suspended sediment to its original soil depth using fallout radionuclides. Soil Science Society of America Journal 63: 369–378. , , .
- 2002. Estimating residence times of fine sediment in river channels using fallout 210Pb. In The Structure, Function and Management Implications of Fluvial Sedimentary System. IAHS Publ. no. 276, IAHS Press: Wallingford; 425–432. , , .
- 2005. Tracing suspended sediment sources in catchments and river systems. Science of the Total Environment 344: 159–184. .
- 2006. Tracing versus monitoring: New challenges and opportunities in erosion and sediment delivery research. In Soil Erosion and Sediment Redistribution in River Catchments, Owens PN, Collins AJ (eds). CABI: Wallingford; 13–27. .
- 2013. Beryllium-7: The Cinderella of fallout radionuclide sediment tracers? Hydrological Processes 27: 830–844. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9546. .
- 2008. The catchment sediment budget as a management tool. Environmental Science & Policy 11: 136–143. ,
- 1992. Use of radiometric fingerprints to derive information on suspended sediment sources. In Erosion and Sediment Transport Monitoring Programmes in River Basins, Proceedings of the Oslo Symposium, August 1992, IAHS Publ. no. 210, IAHS Press: Wallingford; 153–164. , .
- 1999. Rates of contemporary overbank sedimentation and sediment storage on the floodplains of the main channel systems of the Yorkshire Ouse and the River Tweed, UK. Hydrological Processes 13: 993–1009. , , .
- 2003. Pesticides and other micro-organic contaminants in freshwater sedimentary environments - A review. Applied Geochemistry 18: 159–194. , , , , .
- 2005. Targeting erosion control in large river systems using spatially distributed sediment budgets. In Geomorphological Processes and Human Impacts in River Basins, Proceedings of the International Conference held at Solsona, Catalonia, Spain, May 2004, IAHS Publ. no. 299, IAHS Press: Wallingford; 56–64. , , , .
- 1997. Biological effects of fine sediment in the lotic environment. Environmental Management 21: 203–217. , .
- 1965. Tracing soil particle movement with Fe-59. Soil Science Society of America Proceedings 29: 469–472. .
- 1968. Tracing soil movement with fluorescent glass particles. Soil Science Society of America Proceedings 32: 600–602. , .
- 2001. Potential use of rare earth oxides as tracers for soil erosion and aggregation studies. Soil Science Society of America Journal 65: 1508–1515. , , , .