Supported by grant 33CSCO-108792 from the Swiss National Science Foundation to Roland von Känel & Stefan Begré (Mental Health Core Project of the Swiss Inflammatory Bowel Disease Cohort Study). The funding source was neither involved in data collection, management, analysis, interpretation, or writing, nor in the decision to submit the article for publication.
Article first published online: 25 OCT 2010
Copyright © 2010 Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Inc.
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Volume 17, Issue 6, pages 1277–1286, June 2011
How to Cite
Cámara, R. J.A., Lukas, P. S., Begré, S., Pittet, V., von Känel, R. and Swiss Inflammatory Bowel Disease Cohort Study (SIBDCS) Group (2011), Effects of social support on the clinical course of Crohn's disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis, 17: 1277–1286. doi: 10.1002/ibd.21481
Author Contributions and Financial Disclosure: Dr. Cámara, Dr. Begré, and Prof. von Känel developed the hypothesis and the study design. Dr. Cámara drafted the article. Dr. Cámara and Dr. Lukas analyzed, presented (tables and figures), and interpreted the data. Dr. Begré and Prof. von Känel supervised the project. Valérie Pittet provided support in the conceptualization of the study design and assistance in the validation of questionnaires. All authors participated in the literature search, revised the article critically, and approved its final version. Each author states that no financial conflicts of interest exist.
- Issue published online: 10 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 25 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Received: 6 AUG 2010
- 6Depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder and health-related quality of life and its association with social support in ambulatory prostate cancer patients. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl). 2009 [Epub ahead of print]., , , et al.
- 8Power and precision, 1st ed. Englewood, NJ:. Biostat; 2001., ,
- 19HADS-D Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale German version: a questionnaire of assessment of anxiety and depression in somatic medicine, 1st ed. Bern, Switzerland: Huber; 1995., , .
- 20Validation of the HADS French version in hospitalized cancer patients. Rev Psychol Appl. 1989; 39: 295–307., , , et al.
- 25Multiple regression: testing and interpreting interactions, 1st ed. Newbury Park, CA: Sage; 1991.,