Disclosures: Dr. Barken, Dr. Princen, Dr. Carroll, Shelly Brown, Jordan Stachelski, Dr. Chuang, and Sharat Singh are employees of Prometheus Laboratories Inc. Carol Landers is a stockholder of Prometheus Laboratories Inc. Dr. Rotter and Joanne Stempak have nothing to disclose. Dr. Lichtenstein has received consulting fees and research support from Prometheus Laboratories Inc. Dr. Targan is a founder and stockholder of PrometheusLaboratories Inc. Dr. Dubinsky is a consultant for Prometheus Laboratories Inc. Dr. Silverberg has received consulting fees and research support from Prometheus Laboratories Inc. Writing assistance: Dr. Anthony Stonehouse provided extensive writing support during the development of this article. Dr. Stonehouse is an employee of Watson & Stonehouse Enterprises, LLC.
Combination of genetic and quantitative serological immune markers are associated with complicated Crohn's disease behavior†
Version of Record online: 9 MAR 2011
Copyright © 2011 Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Inc.
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Volume 17, Issue 12, pages 2488–2496, December 2011
How to Cite
Lichtenstein, G. R., Targan, S. R., Dubinsky, M. C., Rotter, J. I., Barken, D. M., Princen, F., Carroll, S., Brown, M., Stachelski, J., Chuang, E., Landers, C. J., Stempak, J. M., Singh, S. and Silverberg, M. S. (2011), Combination of genetic and quantitative serological immune markers are associated with complicated Crohn's disease behavior. Inflamm Bowel Dis, 17: 2488–2496. doi: 10.1002/ibd.21661
- Issue online: 9 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 9 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Received: 12 NOV 2010
- Prometheus Laboratories Inc, San Diego, CA
- 1Voices of Progress Annual Report 2008 [CCFA Web site]. August 31, 2008. Available at: http://www.ccfa.org/images/ar09/fullannualrep09.pdf. Accessed March 8, 2010.
- 2The epidemiology of inflammatory bowel disease in Canada: a population-based study. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006; 101: 1559–1568., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 14Sero-reactivity to microbial components in Crohn's disease is associated with disease severity and progression, but not NOD2/CARD15 genotype. Am J Gastroenterol. 2004; 99: 2376–2384., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 18Emerging prognostic markers to determine Crohn's disease natural history and improve management strategies: a review of recent literature. Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010; 6: 99–107..
- 19Serum immune responses predict rapid disease progression among children with Crohn's disease: immune responses predict disease progression. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006; 101: 360–367., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 26Variants of CARD15 are associated with an aggressive clinical course of Crohn's Disease — an IG-IBD study. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005; 100: 84–92., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 35Regression Modeling Strategies with Applications to Linear Models, Logistic Regression, and Survival Analysis. New York: Springer; 2001..