Immunizations and IBD: Whose responsibility is it? If I'm the prescribing doctor, shouldn't it be mine?
Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Inc.
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Volume 18, Issue 1, pages 41–42, January 2012
How to Cite
Melmed, G. Y. (2012), Immunizations and IBD: Whose responsibility is it? If I'm the prescribing doctor, shouldn't it be mine?. Inflamm Bowel Dis, 18: 41–42. doi: 10.1002/ibd.21666
- Issue online: 11 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 5 SEP 2010
- 1Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP): use of vaccines and immune globulins for persons with altered immunocompetence. MMWR Recomm Rep. 1993; 42: 1–18.
- 3Patients with inflammatory bowel disease are at risk for vaccine-preventable illnesses. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006; 1o1: 1834–1840., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 4Vaccinating the IBD patient: deficiencies in gastroenterologists knowledge. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2011; XX: XXX–XXX., , .
- 5Inadequate knowledge of immunization guidelines: a missed opportunity for preventing infection in immunocompromised IBD patients. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2011; XX: XXX–XXX., , .
- 9A Quality Improvement Project Significantly Increased the Vaccination Rate for Immune Suppressed IBD Patients. Gastroenterology. 2010; 138: S1, S-531., , , , , , , , , .