Grant support: Alberta Children's Hospital Foundation.
Immunogenicity and safety of influenza vaccination in children with inflammatory bowel disease†
Article first published online: 6 APR 2011
Copyright © 2011 Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Inc.
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Volume 18, Issue 1, pages 25–33, January 2012
How to Cite
deBruyn, J. C.C., Hilsden, R., Fonseca, K., Russell, M. L., Kaplan, G. G., Vanderkooi, O. and Wrobel, I. (2012), Immunogenicity and safety of influenza vaccination in children with inflammatory bowel disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis, 18: 25–33. doi: 10.1002/ibd.21706
- Issue published online: 11 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 6 APR 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Received: 5 FEB 2011
- 4Statistics Canada. Leading Causes of Death in Canada. Statistics Canada Catalogue number 84–215-XWE 2005. Available at: http://www40.statcan.gc.ca/l01/cst01/hlth36a-eng.htm. Accessed October 1 2010.
- 9Evaluation of the effect of Ontario's Universal Influenza Immunization Program (UIIP). Public Health Agency of Canada, Catalogue HP40–34/2008E-PDF 2008..
- 13Statement on Seasonal Trivalent Inactivated Influenza Vaccine for 2010–2011. Can Commun Dis Rep. 2010; 36: 1–49. Available at: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/ccdr-rmtc/10vol36/acs-6/index-eng.php. Accessed October 1 2010.
- 14Prevention and control of influenza with vaccines—2010–11 recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/acip/index.htm. Accessed October 1 2010.
- 16Patients with inflammatory bowel disease are at risk for vaccine-preventable illnesses. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006; 101: 1834–1840., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 17North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition; Colitis Foundation of America, , , , et al. Differentiating ulcerative colitis from Crohn's disease in children and young adults: report of a working group of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition and the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2007; 44: 653–674.
- 18Toward an integrated clinical, molecular and serological classification of inflammatory bowel disease: report of a Working Party of the 2005 Montreal World Congress of Gastroenterology. Can J Gastroenterol. 2005; 19( suppl A): 5–36., , , et al.
- 22Statement on Seasonal Trivalent Inactivated Influenza Vaccine for 2007–2008. Can Commun Dis Rep. 2007; 36: 1–38. Available at: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/ccdr-rmtc/07vol33/acs-07/index-eng.php. Accessed October 1 2010.
- 23Adverse Reactions. In: Vaccinations and Communicable Disease Control Manual. Calgary Health Region 2004: 1–13.
- 24Concepts and procedures for laboratory-based influenza surveillance. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1982., , .
- 31Critical evaluation of parameters to assess the antibody response to influenza vaccination. In: Proceedings of the Abstract Book of the International Conference on Options for the Control of Influenza, Courchevel, 1992; 70., , , et al.