Comparison of the natural history of ulcerative colitis in African Americans and non-Hispanic Caucasians: A historical cohort study
Article first published online: 17 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Inc.
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Volume 18, Issue 4, pages 743–749, April 2012
How to Cite
Moore, L., Gaffney, K., Lopez, R. and Shen, B. (2012), Comparison of the natural history of ulcerative colitis in African Americans and non-Hispanic Caucasians: A historical cohort study. Inflamm Bowel Dis, 18: 743–749. doi: 10.1002/ibd.21796
- Issue published online: 19 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 17 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Received: 9 APR 2011
- 4Do Black and Hispanic Americans with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) receive inferior care compared with white Americans? Uneasy questions and speculations. Am J Gastroenterol. 2007; 102: 1343–1349., .Direct Link:
- 9Impact of race and ethnicity on inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005; 100: 2254–2261., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 10Inflammatory bowel disease characteristics among African Americans, Hispanics, and non-Hispanic whites: characterization of a large North American cohort. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006; 101: 1012–1023., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 12Crohn's disease: does race matter? The Mid-Atlantic Crohn's disease study group. Am J Gastroenterol. 2000; 95: 479–483., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 17Toward an integrated clinical, molecular and serological classification of inflammatory bowel disease: report of a Working Party of the 2005 Montreal World Congress of Gastroenterology. Can J Gastroenterol. 2005; 19( suppl A): 5–36., , , et al.
- 18Ulcerative colitis practice guidelines in adults (update): American College of Gastroenterology, Practice Parameters Committee. Am J Gastroenterol. 2004; 99: 1371–1385., , .Direct Link:
- 23Extraintestinal manifestations of inflammatory bowel disease: focus on the musculoskeletal, dermatologic, and ocular manifestations. MedGenMed. 2007; 9: 55., .