Incidence of liver toxicity in inflammatory bowel disease patients treated with methotrexate: A meta-analysis of clinical trials
Article first published online: 12 JUL 2011
Copyright © 2011 Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Inc.
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Volume 18, Issue 2, pages 359–367, February 2012
How to Cite
Khan, N., Abbas, A. M., Whang, N., Balart, L. A., Bazzano, L. A. and Kelly, T. N. (2012), Incidence of liver toxicity in inflammatory bowel disease patients treated with methotrexate: A meta-analysis of clinical trials. Inflamm Bowel Dis, 18: 359–367. doi: 10.1002/ibd.21820
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 12 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 7 JUN 2011
- 3Basic and Clinical Pharmacology. 9th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2004: 907–908..
- 7Multinational evidence-based recommendations for the use of methotrexate in rheumatic disorders with a focus on rheumatoid arthritis: integrating systematic literature research and expert opinion of a broad international panel of rheumatologists in the 3E initiative. Ann Rheum Dis. 2009; 68: 1086–1093., , , et al.
- 19Azathioprine or methotrexate in the treatment of patients with steroid-dependent or steroid-resistant ulcerative colitis: results of an open-label study on efficacy and tolerability in inducing and maintaining remission. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2002; 16: 1751–1759., , , et al.
- 22Epidemiology: Beyond the Basics. Madison, WI: Jones and Bartlett; 2007., .
- 23Methods for Meta-analysis in Medical Research. West Sussex, UK: John Wiley & Sons; 2000..
- 27Abnormal hepatic biochemistries in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2007; 102: 344–350., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 29Hepatic effects of long-term methotrexate use in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2000; 95: 3150–3156., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 30Thiopurine-induced liver injury in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: a systematic review. Am J Gastroenterol. 2007; 102: 1518–1527., , .Direct Link: