The CHARM study and this post-hoc analysis were fully funded by Abbott. Medical writing support was funded by Abbott.
Article first published online: 1 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Inc.
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Volume 18, Issue 5, pages 818–825, May 2012
How to Cite
Rubin, D. T., Mulani, P., Chao, J., Pollack, P. F., Bensimon, A. G., Yu, A. P. and Ghosh, S. (2012), Effect of adalimumab on clinical laboratory parameters in patients with Crohn's disease: Results from the CHARM trial. Inflamm Bowel Dis, 18: 818–825. doi: 10.1002/ibd.21836
Conflicts of interest: David Rubin has served as a consultant for Abbott, Centocor, Elan, Procter & Gamble, Prometheus, Salix, Shire, and UCB; has served on the advisory board for Abbott, Centocor, Elan, Shire, and UCB; and has received research support from Procter & Gamble, Prometheus, and Salix. Subrata Ghosh has served on ad-hoc advisory boards for Abbott, Centocor, Merck, Pfizer, and Shire; has received honorarium for lecturing in educational events from Abbott, Merck, and Shire; and has received research support from Abbott and Merck. Arielle Bensimon and Andrew Yu are employees of Analysis Group, Inc., and performed work under contract with Abbott. Paul Pollack, Parvez Mulani, and Jingdong Chao are employees of Abbott and hold stock in Abbott.
- Issue published online: 12 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 1 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Received: 22 JUN 2011
- 14Infliximab discontinuation in Crohn's disease patients in stable remission on combined therapy with immunosuppressors: a prospective ongoing cohort study [abstract 961]. Gastroenterology. 2009; 5( Suppl 1): A-146., , , et al.
- 24Clinical laboratory medicine: clinical application of laboratory data. 6th ed. St. Louis: Mosby; 1995..
- 25Vitamin D. San Diego: Academic Press; 1997., , .
- 26Clinical laboratory investigation and psychiatry: a practical handbook. New York: Informa Healthcare; 2008..
- 27On call surgery. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Saunders/Elsevier; 2001., .
- 28World Health Organization. Worldwide prevalence of anaemia 1993–2005 [World Health Organization Web site]. Available at: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2008/9789241596657_eng.pdf. Accessed June 21, 2011.
- 29A manual of laboratory and diagnostic tests. 8th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2008., .
- 30Clinical biochemistry: metabolic and clinical aspects. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Health Sciences; 2008., .
- 37Infliximab for the treatment of chronic anemia in Crohn's disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005; 100: 496., , , et al.Direct Link: