If all of your friends used α = 0.05, would you do it too?
Article first published online: 14 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 SETAC
Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management
Volume 8, Issue 3, pages 563–564, July 2012
How to Cite
Mudge, J. F., Edge, C. B., Baker, L. F. and Houlahan, J. E. (2012), If all of your friends used α = 0.05, would you do it too?. Integr Environ Assess Manag, 8: 563–564. doi: 10.1002/ieam.1313
- Issue published online: 14 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 14 JUN 2012
- 1998. Reversal of the burden of proof in fisheries management. Science 279: 821–822. .
- 2004. Minimizing the cost of environmental management decisions by optimizing statistical thresholds. Ecol Lett 7: 669–675. , , , , .
- 1995. Scalable decision rules for environmental impact studies: effect size, Type 1, and Type 2 errors. Ecol Appl 5: 401–410. .
- 2012. Setting an optimal α that minimizes errors in null hypothesis significance tests. PLoS One 7: e32734. , , , .
- 2009. A review of potential methods of determining critical effect size for designing environmental monitoring programs. Environ Toxicol Chem 28: 1361–1371. , , , .
- 2008. What exactly are you inferring? A closer look at hypothesis testing. Environ Toxicol Chem 27: 1013–1019. .