Model uncertainty in economic impacts of climate change: Bernoulli versus Lotka Volterra dynamics
Article first published online: 18 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 SETAC
Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management
Volume 9, Issue 1, pages 2–6, January 2013
How to Cite
Cooke, R. M. (2013), Model uncertainty in economic impacts of climate change: Bernoulli versus Lotka Volterra dynamics. Integr Environ Assess Manag, 9: 2–6. doi: 10.1002/ieam.1316
- Issue published online: 27 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 18 SEP 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 APR 2012 08:30AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 APR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 23 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 28 DEC 2011
- 2009. Limitations of integrated assessment models of climate change. Climatic Change 95:297–315. , , ,
- 1999. Economic growth. Cambridge (MA): MIT Press. ,
- British Broadcasting Corporation. Radio 4. The investigation. Running the rule over Stern's numbers. Simon Cox and Richard Vadon. Available from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6295021.stm
- 2006. The Stern Review: A dual critique part II: Economic aspects. World Econ 7:199–229. , , , , , , , , ,
- [DECC] Department of Energy and Climate Change. 2009. The UK low carbon transition plan: National strategy for climate and energy. London (UK): Department of Energy and Climate Change.
- 2009. Temperature and income: Reconciling new cross-sectional and panel estimates. Am Econ Rev 99:198–204. , ,
- 2005. Collapse. London (UK): Penguin. Books.
- 2007. Reflections on the Stern Review (1): A robust case for strong action to reduce the risks of climate change. World Econ 8:121–168. , , ,
- [EC] European Commission. 2007. Communication from the Commission to the Council, the European Parliament, the European economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions—Limiting global climate change to 2 degrees Celsius—The way ahead for 2020 and beyond. Brussels, Belgium: Available from: http://eurlex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:52007DC0002:EN:NOT
- Interagency Working Group on Social Cost of Carbon. 2010. Social cost of carbon for regulatory impact analysis under executive order 12866. Washington, DC: February.
- 1999. Integrated assessment models for climate change control. In: Folmer H, Tietenberg T, editors. International yearbook of environmental and resource economics 1999/2000: A survey of current issues. Northampton (MA): Edward Elgar Publishing. ,
- 2001. Malthus and climate change: Betting on a stable population. J Environ Econ Manage 41:135–161. ,
- 2006. A critique of the Stern report. Winter 42–42.
- 2010. Economic aspects of global warming in a post-Copenhagen environment. PNAS 107:11721–11726. DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1005985107.
- 2006. Geography and macroeconomics: New data and new findings. PNAS 103:3510–3517.
- 2008. A question of balance: Weighing the options on global warming policies. New Haven (CT): Yale University Press.
- 2006. The G-Econ database on gridded output: Methods and data. Yale University. [cited 2012 April 10]. Available from: http://gecon.yale.edu/sites/default/files/gecon_data_20051206.pdf , , , , , , ,
- 1977. Integrated assessment models of global climate change. Ann Rev Energy Environ 22:589–628. ,
- 2006. Advanced macroeconomics. Boston (MA): McGraw Hill Irwin.
- 1997. Integrated assessment modeling of global climate change: Transparent rational tool for policy making or opaque screen hiding value-laden assumptions? Environ Model Assess 2:229–249.
- 2008. The economics of climate change. Am Econ Rev 98:1–37.
- 2009. Imperfections in the economics of public policy, imperfections in markets, and Climate Change. J Eur Econ Assoc 8:253–288.
- 2006. Stern Review: The economics of climate change. London (UK): HM Treasury. , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2006. The Stern Review of the economics of climate change: A comment. Energy Environ 17:977–981.
- 2006. A review of the Stern Review. World Econ 7:233–250. ,
- 2009. On modeling and interpreting the economics of catastrophic climate change. Rev Econ Stat 91:1–19.
- World Bank. World development indicators. [cited 2010 September 16]. Available from: http://data.worldbank.org/data-catalog/world-development-indicators/