Proposing a vigorous hybrid of the LOECs and ECx
Article first published online: 25 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 SETAC
Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management
Volume 9, Issue 2, pages 345–347, April 2013
How to Cite
deBruyn, A. M. and Elphick, J. R. (2013), Proposing a vigorous hybrid of the LOECs and ECx. Integr Environ Assess Manag, 9: 345–347. doi: 10.1002/ieam.1407
- Issue published online: 25 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 25 MAR 2013
- 2002. Effects of dinoseb on the entire life-cycle of Daphnia magna. Modelling of survival and proposal of an alternative to no-observed-effect-concentration (NOEC). Environ Toxicol Chem 21:828–833. , , , , ,
- 2003. Enhancing toxicity test performance by using a statistical criterion. Environ Toxicol Chem 22:2323–2328. , ,
- Environment Canada. 2005. Guidance documents on statistical methods for environmental toxicity tests. Amendments: June 2007. EPS1/RM/46. Ottawa, ON, Canada.
- 2011. Some good reasons to ban ECx and related concepts in ecotoxicology. Environ Sci Technol 45:8180–8181.
- 2011. Well past time to stop using NOELs and LOELs. Integr Environ Assess Manag 7:vi–viii. ,
- [OECD] Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. 2006. Current approaches in the statistical analysis of ecotoxicity data: A guidance to application. Environmental Health and Safety Publications, Series on Testing and Assessment No. 54. Paris, France.
- [USEPA] US Environmental Protection Agency. 2000. Understanding and accounting for method variability in whole effluent toxicity applications under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System. Washington (DC): US Environmental Protection Agency. EPA 833-R-00-003.