EDITOR'S NOTE: This article represents 1 of 12 commentaries from selected representatives of the international scientific community, industry, and regulatory agencies, on the need for substantial changes and improvements in Ecological Risk Assessment. The series of articles is the follow-up to the Special Session “New Challenges in Ecological Risk Assessment,” held at the 6th SETAC World Congress / SETAC Europe 22nd Annual Meeting in Berlin (May 2012) and the opinion of the Scientific Committees of the European Commission, DG SANCO (SCHER, SCHENIR, SCCS) on “Addressing the New Challenges for Risk Assessment.”
Special Series: New Challenges in Ecological Risk Assessment
Brief communication: The ecosystem perspective in ecotoxicology as a way forward for the ecological risk assessment of chemicals
Article first published online: 19 JUN 2013
© 2013 SETAC
Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management
Volume 9, Issue 3, pages e34–e38, July 2013
How to Cite
De Laender, F. and Janssen, C. R. (2013), Brief communication: The ecosystem perspective in ecotoxicology as a way forward for the ecological risk assessment of chemicals. Integr Environ Assess Manag, 9: e34–e38. doi: 10.1002/ieam.1428
- Issue published online: 11 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 19 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 APR 2013 07:10AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 2 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 18 FEB 2013
- Fund for Scientific Research (FWO, Flanders)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!