Agricultural land management options following large-scale environmental contamination
Article first published online: 20 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 SETAC
Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management
Special Issue: Challenges Posed by Radiation and Radionuclide Releases to the Environment
Volume 7, Issue 3, pages 385–387, July 2011
How to Cite
Vandenhove, H. and Turcanu, C. (2011), Agricultural land management options following large-scale environmental contamination. Integr Environ Assess Manag, 7: 385–387. doi: 10.1002/ieam.234
- Issue published online: 20 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 20 JUN 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 MAY 2011 08:27AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 3 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Received: 11 APR 2011
- 1999. Predicting soil to plant transfer of radiocesium using soil characteristics. Environ Sci Technol 33: 1218–1223. , , , , , , .
- 1993. Change in land use and crop selection. Sci Total Environ 137: 169–172. , , , , , .
- 2005. Compendium of countermeasures for the management of food production systems. EURANOS(CAT1)-TN(05)-01. Available from: www.euranos.fzk.de , , , , , , , , , ., et al.,
- [GOPA] Gesellschaft für Organisation, Planung und Ausbildung. 1996. Belarus: Study on alternative biodiesel sources in relation with soil decontamination. Bad Homburg (DE): GOPA. Project TACIS/Reg93. Contract WW 9204/0401/BOB.
- [IAEA] International Atomic Energy Agency. 2010. Handbook of parameter values for the prediction of radionuclide transfer in terrestrial and freshwater environments. IAEA-TRS-472. Vienna (AT): International Atomic Energy Agency.
- [IAEA] International Atomic Energy Agency. 2011. Technical meeting 20/3/2011. Available from: http://www.slideshare.net/iaea/4-briefing-radiation-protection-20-03-2011a
- Japanese Government. 2011. Available from: http://eq.wide.ad.jp/index_en.html
- 2005. Soil-to-plant halogens transfer studies: 1. Root uptake of radioiodine by plants. J Environ Radioact 79: 187–204. , , , , , .
- 1993. Reduction of soil-plant transfer factors: mechanical aspects. Sci Total Environ 137: 163–167. , , , , .
- 1993. Application of fertilisers and ameliorants to reduce soil to plant transfer of radiocaesium and radiostrontium in the medium to long term—a summary. Sci Total Environ 137: 173–182. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Decision aiding handbooks for managing contaminated food production systems, drinking water and inhabited areas in Europe. Radioprotection 45: S23–S37. , , , , , , , , , ., et al.
- 1999. Relevancy of short rotation coppice vegetation for the remediation of contaminated areas. Mol (BE): SCK CEN. Project F14-CT95-0021c (PL 960 386). RECOVER Final Report 99, BLG 826. .
- 2001. Short rotation coppice for revaluation of contaminated land. J Environ Radioact 56: 157–184. , , , , .
- 2002. Economic viability of short rotation coppice for energy production for reuse of caesium-contaminated land in Belarus. Biomass Bioenergy 22: 421–443. , , , , .
- 2003. Potassium bentonite addition to soil reduces availability of cesium to plants. Eur J Soil Sci 54: 91–102. , , .
- 1993. Strategies for the deployment of agricultural countermeasures. Sci Total Environ 137: 1–8. , , , , .