Estimations of copper roof runoff rates in the United States
Article first published online: 5 NOV 2009
Copyright © 2005 SETAC
Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management
Volume 1, Issue 4, pages 333–342, November 2005
How to Cite
Arnold, R. (2005), Estimations of copper roof runoff rates in the United States. Integr Environ Assess Manag, 1: 333–342. doi: 10.1002/ieam.5630010403
- Issue published online: 5 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 5 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 APR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 6 JAN 2005
- 2002. The capacity of limestone to immobilize copper in runoff water: A laboratory investigation. In: Morcillo M, Costa JM, editors. Proceedings of the 15th International Corrosion Congress; 2002 Sept 22–Sept 27; Granada, Spain. Houston, TX: The International Corrosion Council. , ,
- 2002. Immobilization of copper in runoff water from roofing materials by limestone, soil and concrete. In: Morcillo M, Costa JM, editors. Proceedings of the 15th International Corrosion Congress; 2002 Sept 22–Sept 27; Granada, Spain. Houston, TX: The International Corrosion Council. , , ,
- 2001. Contribution of copper-based architectural material to copper concentrations and toxicity in storm water runoff. New York (NY), USA: Copper Development Association Inc. Contract report 6090–0002. ,
- 2003a. Mobility and aquatic toxicity of copper in an urban watershed. Journal of the American Water Resources Association 39: 325–336. ,
- 2003b. Modeling framework for managing copper runoff in urban watersheds. Journal of the American Water Resources Association 39: 337–346. ,
- 1988. Copper binding by dissolved organic matter: I. Suwannee River fulvic acid equilibria. Geochim et Cosmochim Acta 52: 185–193. ,
- 1996. Movement of heavy metals through undisturbed and homogenized soil columns. Soil Sci 161: 740–750. , , , ,
- 1995. Zero-valent iron for the in situ remediation of selected metals in groundwater. J Hazard Mater 42: 201–212. , ,
- Clean Estuary Partnership. 2004a. Copper sources in urban runoff and shoreline activities. Oakland (CA), USA.
- Clean Estuary Partnership. 2004b. North of Dumbarton Bridge copper and nickel site-specific objectives state implementation policy justification report. Oakland (CA), USA: Clean Estuary Partnership.
- Copper Development Association. 2005. Annual data 2005. Copper supply and consumption, 1984–2004. www.copper.org/resources/market_data/pdfs/annual-data/2005.pdf. Accessed 10 August 2005.
- 1995. A physiological role of Saccharomyces cerevisiae copper/zinc superoxide dismutase in copper buffering. J Biol Chem 270: 29991–29997. , , , ,
- 1997. Metallothionein in snail cadmium and copper metabolism. Nature 388: 237–238. , , ,
- 2001. Biotic ligand model of the acute toxicity of metals, I: Technical basis. Environ Toxicol Chem 20: 2383–2396. , , , , ,
- 1991. Biochemical, physiological, and structural effects of excess copper in plants. Bot Rev 57: 246–273. ,
- 1994. Cytochrome aa3 gene regulation in members of the family Rhizobiaceae: Comparison of copper and oxygen effects in Bradyrhizobium japonicum and Rhizobium tropici. Appl Environ Microbiol 60: 141–148. , ,
- 1987. Copper patinas formed in the atmosphere, II: A qualitative assessment of mechanisms. Corrosion Science 27: 721–740.
- 1996. Genetic and molecular basis for copper toxicity. Am J Clin Nutr 63: 836S–841S. ,
- 2000. Corrosion rates and runoff rates of copper and zinc as roofing materials – A combined field and laboratory study [Licentiate thesis]. Stockholm, Sweden: Royal Institute of Technology.
- 2000. The U. S. copper-base scrap industry and its by-products: An overview. New York (NY), USA: Copper Development Association Inc. Contract report A1039–02/00.
- 2001. Atmospheric corrosion of copper and zinc-based materials: Runoff rates, chemical speciation and ecotoxicity [licentiate thesis]. Stockholm, Sweden: Royal Institute of Technology.
- 1997. The evolution of outdoor copper patina. Corrosion Science 44: 425–450. , ,
- 1999. Copper in society and in the environment: An account of the facts on fluxes, amounts, and effects of copper in Sweden, 2nd ed. Västerås, Sweden: Swedish Environmental Research Group (MFG). ,
- 1996. Copper biochemistry and molecular biology. Am J Clin Nutr 63: 797S–811S. ,
- 2004. Predictive models of copper runoff from external structures. J Environ Monit 6: 704–712. , , ,
- 1996. Copper as an essential nutrient. Am J Clin Nutr 63: 791S–796S. ,
- 2002. The biotic ligand model: A historical overview. Comp Biochem Physiol 133C: 3–36. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2005. Effects of PVC, cast iron, and concrete conduit on concentrations of copper in stormwater. Urban Water Journal (forthcoming). , ,
- 1978. Plant metabolism: Physiology and biochemistry of primary metabolism. Stuttgart, Germany: Georg Thieme.
- 1999. Removal of dissolved heavy metals from acid rock drainage using iron metal. Environ Sci Technol 33: 282–287. ,
- 1996. The yeast copper/zinc superoxide dismutase and the pentose phosphate pathway play overlapping roles in oxidative stress protection. J Biol Chem 271: 28831–28836. , ,
- 1976. The relationship between cupric ion activity and the toxicity of copper to phytoplankton. J Mar Res 34: 511–529. ,
- 1979. Chemical speciation of copper in river water. In: JennneEA, editor. Chemical modeling in aquatic systems. ACS Symposium Series 93. Washington (DC), USA: American Chemical Society. p 147–188. ,
- 1998. The fate of copper released from the Vasa shipyard museum. Metall, 52. Jahrgang 4: 230–231.
- 1998. Essentiality of copper in humans. Am J Clin Nutr 67: 952S–959S. , ,
- [USEPA] U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 1991. Guidance for water quality-based decisions: The TMDL process. Washington DC. EPA/440/4–91–001.
- [USEPA] U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 1993. Guidance specifying management measures for sources of nonpoint pollution in coastal waters. Washington DC. EPA-840-B-93–001c.
- [USEPA] U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 2005. Top 100 impairments. oaspub.epa.gov/waters/national_rept.control#TOP_IMP. Accessed 1 November 2004.
- [USGS] United States Geological Survey. 2002. NADP National Atmospheric Deposition Program database. Pacific Grove (CA), USA.