Debate and Commentary
Individuals versus organisms versus populations in the definition of ecological assessment endpoints
Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2009
Copyright © 2005 SETAC
Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management
Volume 1, Issue 4, pages 397–400, November 2005
How to Cite
Suter, G. W., Norton, S. B. and Fairbrother, A. (2005), Individuals versus organisms versus populations in the definition of ecological assessment endpoints. Integr Environ Assess Manag, 1: 397–400. doi: 10.1002/ieam.5630010409
- Issue online: 5 NOV 2009
- Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 APR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 26 JAN 2005
- 1990. Biological effects of changes in surface water acid-base chemistry. Washington DC: National Acid Precipitation Assessment Program. State-of-Science/Technology Report 13. , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2003. Effects of historic PCB exposures on the reproductive success of the Hudson River striped bass population. Environ Sci Technol 37: 223–228. , ,
- 2004. Ecological risk assessment issues identified during the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's examination of risk assessment practices. Integr Environ Assess Manag 1: 73–76. , , , , , ,
- 2004. The future direction of ecological risk assessment in the United States: Reflecting on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's “examination of risk assessment practices and principles.” Integr Environ Assess Manag 1: 77–82. , ,
- 2001. Putting the impacts of environmental contamination in perspective. In: ShoreRE, RattnerBA, editors. Ecotoxicology of wild mammals. Ecological and environmental toxicology series. Chichester, UK: John Wiley. pp. 671–689.
- 2004. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's generic ecological assessment endpoints. Hum Ecol Risk Assess 10: 967–982. , , , , , , ,
- [USEPA] U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 1998. Guidelines for ecological risk assessment. Washington DC. EPA/630/R-95/002F.
- [USEPA] U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 2003. Generic ecological assessment endpoints (GEAEs) for ecological risk assessment. Washington DC. EPA/630/P-02/004B.
- [USEPA] U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 2004. An examination of EPA risk assessment principles and practices: Staff paper prepared for the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency by members of the Risk Assessment Task Force. Washington DC: Office of the Science Advisor. EPA/100/B-04/001.