Assessment of persistency and bioaccumulation in pesticide registration frameworks within the organization for economic cooperation and development
Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2009
Copyright © 2006 SETAC
Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management
Volume 2, Issue 1, pages 13–21, January 2006
How to Cite
Montforts, M. H. (2006), Assessment of persistency and bioaccumulation in pesticide registration frameworks within the organization for economic cooperation and development. Integr Environ Assess Manag, 2: 13–21. doi: 10.1002/ieam.5630020103
- Issue online: 5 NOV 2009
- Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Received: 11 FEB 2005
- 2000. Modeller subjectivity in estimating pesticide parameters for leaching model using the same laboratory data set. Agric Water Manag 44: 389–409. .
- 1996. Ring test with the models LEACHP, PRZM-2, and VARLEACH: Variability between model users in prediction of pesticide leaching using a standard data set. Pestic Sci 47: 249–258. , , , , .
- [Council] The Council of the European Union. 1991. Council Directive 91/414/EEC of 15 July 1991 concerning the placing of plant protection products on the market.
- [Council] The Council of the European Union. 1998. Council Directive 98/8/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 February 1998 concerning the placing of biocidal products on the market.
- [Council] The Council of the European Union. 2004. Regulation (EC) 850/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on persistent organic pollutants and amending Directive 79/117/EEC.
- 2000. Bound residues of organic compounds in the soil: The significance of pesticide persistence in soil and water—A European regulatory view. Environ Pollut 108: 15–18. .
- [EC] The European Commission Directorate General. 2000. Guidance document on persistence in soil. Brussels, Belgium: EC DG for Agriculture, DG VI B II.1–9188/VI/97-rev.8 of 12.7.2000.
- [EC] The European Commission Directorate General. 2002. Guidance document on terrestrial ecotoxicology under Council Directive 91/414/EEC. Brussels, Belgium: DG Health and Consumer Affairs. SANCO/10329/2002-rev.2 final.
- [EC] The European Commission Directorate General. 2003. Technical guidance document in support of Commission Directive 93/67/EEC on risk assessment for new notified substances, Commission Regulation (EC) 1488/94 on risk assessment for existing substances, and Directive 98/8/EC concerning the placing of biocidal products on the market. Gare (LU): Office for Official Publications of the European Communities.
- ECCO. 2002. Guidance document on aquatic ecotoxicology. DG Health and Consumer Affairs. SANCO/3268/2001-rev.4 (final) 17 October 2002.
- ECCO. 2003. Draft guidance document for preparation of the “List of End Points” for chemical active substances. Developed within the framework of the European Commission's peer review programme on possible inclusion of active substances of plant protection products in Annex I of Council Directive 91/414/EEC. Braunschweig (DE): Biologische Bundesanstalt fuer Land- und Forstwirtschaft. 4878/ECCO/BBA/99-rev.6.
- [ECPA] European Crop Protection Association. 2000. ECPA position paper on soil non-extractable residues. Brussels, Belgium. D/00/SuM/5277.
- [EPPO] European and Mediterranean Plant Protection Organization. 1993. Decision-making scheme for the environmental risk assessment of plant protection products. EPPO Bulletin 23: 1–165.
- [FOCUS] Forum for the Coordination of the Use of Models. 2004. Guidance document on estimating persistence and degradation kinetics from environmental fate studies in EU registration. Brussels, Belgium. Draft 29/2/04.
- 1995. Procedures for assessing the environmental fate and toxicity of pesticides. Brussels (BE): Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry–Europe. .
- 1995. Manual for summarising and evaluating the environmental aspects of pesticides. Bilthoven (NL): RIVM. RIVM report 679101022. , , , , .
- [MEPC] Marine Environment Protection Committee. 2004. Procedure for approval of ballast water management systems that make use of active substances. London (UK): The International Maritime Organisation. Draft October 2004.
- 2002. European medicines and feed additives regulation are not in compliance with environmental legislation and policy. Toxicol Let 131: 125–136. , .
- [OECD] Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. 2002a. Persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic pesticides in OECD member countries. Paris, France. ENV/JM/MONO(2002)22.
- [OECD] Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. 2002b. Report of the OECD Workshop on sharing the work of agricultural pesticide reviews; 2001 February 12–February 14; Brussels, Belgium. Paris, France. OECD Series on Pesticides No. 13.
- [OECD] Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. 2005. The assessment of persistency and bioaccumulation in the pesticide registration frameworks within the OECD region. Paris, France. OECD Series on Pesticides No. 25.
- 2001. The search for reliable aqueous solubility (Sw) and octanol-water partition coefficient (Kow) data for hydrophobic organic compounds: DDT and DDE as a case study. Reston (VA): US Geological Survey. Water-Resources Investigation Report 01–4201. , .
- 2003. Effects of plant protection products on functional endpoints in soil (EPFES). In: Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry–Europe (SETAC–Europe) 15th Annual Meeting; 2002 April 24–April 26; Lisbon, Spain. Pensacola (FL), USA. , , , , , , , and .
- [SCP] Scientific Committee on Plants. 1999. Opinion of the Scientific Committee on Plants on the draft guidance document on persistence in soil (DG VI-9188/VI/97-Rev.5 of 20.12.1998). Brussels, Belgium.
- 2005. Introductory remarks to the special issue on bound residues. Environ Pollut 133: 1–2. , , .
- 1997. Environmental models undergo international test: The science and art of exposure assessment modeling were tested using real-world data from the Chernobyl accident. Environ Sci Technol 31: 358–363. , , , .
- 2000. Application of nine pesticide leaching models to the Vredepeel dataset: Pesticide fate. Ag Water Manag 44: 119–134. .
- [UN] United Nations. 1979. Convention on long-range transboundary air pollution. Geneva, Switzerland.
- [UNEP] United Nations Environment Programme. 2001. Stockholm convention on persistent organic pollutants (POPs). Stockholm, Switzerland.