Uncertainty in experimental techniques for measuring sediment erodability
Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2009
Copyright © 2006 SETAC
Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management
Volume 2, Issue 1, pages 39–43, January 2006
How to Cite
Jepsen, R. A. (2006), Uncertainty in experimental techniques for measuring sediment erodability. Integr Environ Assess Manag, 2: 39–43. doi: 10.1002/ieam.5630020108
- Issue online: 5 NOV 2009
- Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 21 FEB 2005
- [APHA] American Public Health Association, American Water Works Association, and Water Pollution and Control Federation. 1995. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater, 1995, total suspended solids dried at 103°–105° C. Washington DC: American Public Health Association, Method 2540D. p 2–56.
- [ASTM] American Society for Testing and Materials. 1999. D 3977–97, Standard test method for determining sediment concentration in water samples. Annual book of standards, water and environmental technology, 1999, Volume 11.02. West Conshohockon (PA): ASTM. p 389–394.
- 1980 The entrainment of cohesive sediments in fresh water. Geophys Res 85: 2813–2824. , .
- 2000. Sediment erosion study for the Housatonic River, Massachusetts. Prepared for the US Army Corps of Engineers, New England District. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Total suspended solids data for use in sediment studies. Turbidity and Other Sediment Surrogates Workshop, April 30–May 2, Reno, NV. , .
- 2001. Canaveral ODMDS dredged material erosion rate analysis. Albuquerque (NM): Sandia National Labs. SAND2001–1989. , , , .
- 1998. A predictive model of sediment transport. Estuarine and Coastal Modeling 17: 20:389–399. , , , .
- 1993. VIMS Sea Carousel: A field instrument for studying sediment transport. Mar Geol 115: 271–287. , , , .
- 1996. Measurements of erosion of undisturbed bottom sediments with depth. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering 122: 316–324. , , .
- 1999. Flume measurements of sediment erodability in Boston Harbor. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering 125: 998–1005. , .
- 2001. Development for the optional use of circular core tubes with the high shear stress flume. Albuquerque (NM): Sandia National Labs. SAND2001–0424. , .
- 2003. Measurements of sediment erosion and transport with the ASSET flume. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering 129: 862–871. , , .
- 1986. A portable device for measuring sediment resuspension. J Gt Lakes Res 12: 314–321. , .