Cost-benefit analysis and the water framework directive in Scotland
Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2009
Copyright © 2006 SETAC
Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management
Volume 2, Issue 2, pages 156–165, April 2006
How to Cite
Hanley, N. and Black, A. R. (2006), Cost-benefit analysis and the water framework directive in Scotland. Integr Environ Assess Manag, 2: 156–165. doi: 10.1002/ieam.5630020208
- Issue online: 5 NOV 2009
- Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Received: 8 AUG 2005
- 2002. Costs and benefits of the Water Framework Directive in Scotland. www.scotland.gov.uk/library4/ERAD/EPU/00015179.aspx (summary). Accessed 10 November 2004. , , , .
- 2002. The transferability of benefits transfer. Ecological Economics 42: 147–164. .
- 2002. Economic valuation with stated preference techniques. Cheltenham (UK): Edward Elgar. 458 p. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002a. Heavily Modified Waters in Europe: Case study on the river Tummel. Edinburgh (UK): SNIFFER. Report SR(02)11C. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002b. Heavily Modified Waters in Europe: Case study on the Galloway River Dee. Edinburgh (UK): SNIFFER. Report SR(02)11D. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002c. Heavily Modified Waters in Europe: Case study on the Forth Estuary. Edinburgh (UK): SNIFFER. Report SR(02)11B. , , , , , , , , .
- 1990. Estimation of agricultural assistance using producer and consumer subsidy. OECD Economic Studies 13: 13–43. , .
- 2001. Nonparametric and semiparametric approaches to analyzing payment ladder contingent valuation data: Bathing water quality improvements in Scotland. Working paper. Glaskow (UK): Economics Department, University of Glasgow. , , .
- 1999 Valuation of an environmental improvement: A contingent valuation study. Working Papers in Economics 9901, Dundee (UK): Abertay University. .
- ENDS. 2004. Getting to grips with the Water Framework Directive. http://www.endsdirectory.com/articles/index.cfm?action=200402. Accessed 1 December 2004.
- European Commission. 2000. Directive 2000/60/EC. Official Journal of the European Communities L327: 22/12/2000.
- 2003. Valuing environmental and natural resources. Cheltenham (UK): Edward Elgar. 326 p. , .
- 1993. Cost-benefit analysis and the environment. Cheltenham (UK): Edward Elgar. 278 p. , .
- 1998. Economic and environmental modeling for pollution control in an estuary. J Environ Manag 52: 211–225. , , , .
- 2001. Choice modeling approaches: A superior alternative for environmental valuation? J Economic Surveys 15: 453–462. , , .
- 2004. Estimating the economic value of improvements in river ecology using choice experiments: An application to the Water Framework Directive. Stirling (UK): Mimeo, Economics Department, University of Stirling. , , .
- 2004. Heavily Modified Water Bodies: Synthesis of 34 case studies in Europe. Heidelberg (D): Springer-Verlag. 322 p. , .
- OECD. 2004. Agricultural policies in OECD countries: At a Glance—2004 edition. Paris (FR). 140 p.
- 2003. Valuing the future: Recent advances in social discounting. World Economics 4: 121–141. , , , .
- 2004. Benefit transfer: A comparison of WTP for air quality between France and Germany. Environmental & Resource Economics 29: 295–306. .
- SAC. 2000. Farm management handbook. Edinburgh (UK): Scottish Agricultural College. 99 p.
- SEPA. 1999. Improving Scotland's water environment Stirling (UK). 72 p.
- SEPA. 2005. Water Framework Directive: River basin characterization. http://www.sepa.org.uk/wfd/character/. Accessed 23 May 2005.
- 1998. Discounting and environmental management. In: FolmerH, TietenbergT, editors. The international yearbook of environmental and resource economics. Cheltenham (UK): Edward Elgar. p 23–42. , .
- 1998. What can we learn from the grand policy experiment? Lessons from SO2 allowance trading. J Econ Perspect 12: 69–88. .
- 1998. Why the far future should be discounted at the lowest possible rate. J Environ Econ and Manag 36: 201–208. .