Nanotechnologies: Tools for sustainability in a new wave of water treatment processes
Article first published online: 5 NOV 2009
Copyright © 2006 SETAC
Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management
Volume 2, Issue 4, pages 391–395, October 2006
How to Cite
Bottero, J.-Y., Rose, J. and Wiesner, M. R. (2006), Nanotechnologies: Tools for sustainability in a new wave of water treatment processes. Integr Environ Assess Manag, 2: 391–395. doi: 10.1002/ieam.5630020411
- Issue published online: 5 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 5 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2005
- 2006. Interactions between maghemite nanoparticles and human fibroblasts: a physico‒chemical and toxicological study. Environ Sci Technol (forthcoming). , , , , , , , , ,
- 2000. Characterization of alumoxane‒derived ceramic membranes. J Membr Sci 176: 1–9. , , ,
- 2001. Nanoparticles in the environment. In BanfieldJF, NavroskyA, editors. Nanoparticles and the environment, Reviews in mineralogy and geochemistry Vol 8. Washington DC: Mineralogical Society of America. Vol. 44. ,
- 2004). Cell response to dextran‒derivatised iron oxide nanoparticles post internalisation. Biomaterials 25: 5405–5410. , , , , , (
- 2002. Characteristics of ceramic membranes derived from alumoxane nanoparticles. J Membr Sci 205: 33–43. , , ,
- 2003. Ceramic membranes derived from ferroxane nanoparticles: a new route for the fabrication of iron oxide ultrafiltration membranes. J Membr Sci 227 (1–2): 207–217. , , , , ,
- 2005. Controlling nanoparticle template morphology: effect of solvent chemistry. Colloid Interface Sci 283: 366–372. , ,
- 1981. Molecular engineering: An approach to the development of general capabilities for molecular manipulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 78: 5275–5278.
- 1960. There's plenty of room at the bottom: An invitation to enter a new field of physics. Engineering and Science 23: 22–36.
- 2005. C‒60 in water: Nanocrystal formation and microbial response. Environ Sci Technol 39: 4307–4316. , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2000. Contaminant adsorption and oxidation via Fenton Reaction. J. Environ Eng July: 595–600. , , , ,
- 2005. Cytotoxicity of carbon nanomaterials: single‒wall nanotube, multi‒wall nanotube, and fullerene. Environ Sci Technol 39: 1378–1383. , , , , , ,
- 1995. From minerals to materials: synthesis of alumoxanes from the reaction of boehmite with carboxylic acids. J Mater Chem 5: 331–340. , , , , ,
- 2002. Nanotechnologies meet market realities. Chem Eng News p. 17.
- 2004. Laboratory assessment of the mobility of nanomaterials in porous media. Environ Sci Technol 38: 5164–5169. , ,
- 2002. Role of goethite dissolution in the oxidation of 2‒chlorophenol with hydrogen peroxide. Chemosphere 46: 131–136. , ,
- 1995. Hydrogen peroxide decomposition and quinoline degradation ion the presence of aquifer material. Wat Res 29: 2353–2359. ,
- 1998. Proton conduction in porous silica glasses with high water content. J Phys Chem B 102: 5772–5775. , ,
- 2005. Fullerol‒sensitized production of reactive oxygen species in aqueous solution. Environ Sci Technol 39: 1359–1365. ,
- 2004. Manufactured nanomaterials (fullerenes, C60) induce oxidative stress in the brain of juvenile largemouth bass. Environ Health Perspect 112: 1058–1062.
- 1994. Chemical oxidation of chlorinated organics by hydrogen peroxide in the presence of sand. Environ Sci Technol 28: 394–400. ,
- 2005. Relative risk analysis of several manufactured nanomaterials: An insurance industry context. Environ Sci Technol 39: 8985–8994. , , ,
- 2002. Synthesis and characterization of carboxylate‒FeOOH particles (ferroxanes) and ferroxane‒derived ceramics. Chem Mater 14: 621–628. , , , , , , ,
- 2004. The differential cytotoxicity of water‒soluble fullerenes. Nano Lett 4: 1881–1887. ,
- 1996. Proton conductivity of Nafion 117 as measured by a four‒electrode AC impedance method. Electrochem Soc 143: 1254–1259. ,
- 1998. Proton conductivity in Nafion 117 and in a novel bis[(perfluoroalkyl) sulfonyl‒imidie] ionomer. J Electrochem Soc 145: 107–110.
- 1999. Nanopore ceramic membranes as novel electrolytes for proton exchange membranes. Electrochem. Solid State Lett 2: 313–316. , ,
- 1991. Determination of water diffusion coefficients in perfluorosulfonate ionomeric membranes. J Phys Chem B 95: 6040–6044.