Senior Associate Solicitor in the Business Recovery and Insolvency Team at Geldards LLP in Nottingham, UK.
‘Bankruptcy tourism’ under the EC regulation on insolvency proceedings: A view from England and Wales†
Article first published online: 18 OCT 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
International Insolvency Review
Volume 19, Issue 3, pages 181–208, Winter 2010
How to Cite
Walters, A. and Smith, A. (2010), ‘Bankruptcy tourism’ under the EC regulation on insolvency proceedings: A view from England and Wales. Int. Insolv. Rev., 19: 181–208. doi: 10.1002/iir.187
The views expressed in this article are those of the authors alone and are not attributable to Geldards LLP. The article is based on a paper given at the INSOL Academics' Group Meeting held in Dublin, Ireland on 11–13 June 2010 and is dedicated to the memory of Michael Green. The authors wish to thank the participants at that meeting, especially Bill Holohan and Frank O'Reilly, and the following for their assistance during the preparation of the article subject to the usual disclaimers: Stephen Baister, Martina Breach, David Capper, Alison Dennis, Graham Ferris, Nick Howard, Christian Käser, Shona Manson, Donna Mckenzie Skene, David Payne, Muhunthan Vaithianathar, Bob Wessels, Gary Wilson and the IIR referee. The usual disclaimer applies. All web links given below were active and correct on 1 October 2010.
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 18 OCT 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!