Lifelong vegetarianism and risk of breast cancer: A population-based case-control study among South Asian migrant women living in England
Version of Record online: 8 MAR 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 99, Issue 2, pages 238–244, 10 May 2002
How to Cite
dos Santos Silva, I., Mangtani, P., McCormack, V., Bhakta, D., Sevak, L. and McMichael, A. J. (2002), Lifelong vegetarianism and risk of breast cancer: A population-based case-control study among South Asian migrant women living in England. Int. J. Cancer, 99: 238–244. doi: 10.1002/ijc.10300
- Issue online: 11 APR 2002
- Version of Record online: 8 MAR 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 DEC 2001
- Manuscript Revised: 7 DEC 2001
- Manuscript Received: 17 JUL 2001
- Cancer Research Campaign. Grant Number: SP2315
- 4Ethnicity in the 1991 census, vol 2: The ethnic minority populations of Great Britain. London: HMSO, 1996..
- 10MAFF (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food). Food portion sizes, 2nd ed. London: HMSO, 1994.
- 11The dietary and nutritional survey of British adults. London: HMSO, 1990., , , et al.
- 14The composition and nutrient content of foods commonly consumed by South Asians in the UK. London: Aga Khan Health Board for the United Kingdom, 2000., , .
- 15McCance and Widdwson's the composition of foods, 5th ed. Cambridge: Royal Society of Chemistry, 1995., , , et al.
- 16Vegetable dishes: The second supplement to McCance and Widdowson's the composition of foods, 5th edn. Cambridge: Royal Society of Chemistry, 1996., , .
- 17Nutrition Systems. COMP-EAT, version 5. London: Carlson Bengston Consultants Limited.
- 18Statistical methods in cancer research, vol 1: The analysis of case-controls studies. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 1980., .
- 19WillettW, ed. Nutritional epidemiology, 2nd ed. Monographs in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, vol 30. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1998.
- 27Meat and fat consumption and cancer mortality: a study of strict religious orders in Britain. Lancet 1982, I: 946–9..
- 45World Cancer Research Fund, American Institute for Cancer Research Expert Panel. Food, nutrition and the prevention of cancer: a global perspective. Washington, DC: American Institute for Cancer Research, 1997.