Constructing an adenocarcinoma vaccine: Immunization of mice with synthetic KH-1 nonasaccharide stimulates anti-KH-1 and anti-Ley antibodies
Article first published online: 12 MAR 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 99, Issue 2, pages 207–212, 10 May 2002
How to Cite
Ragupathi, G., Deshpande, P. P., Coltart, D. M., Kim, H. M., Williams, L. J., Danishefsky, S. J. and Livingston, P. O. (2002), Constructing an adenocarcinoma vaccine: Immunization of mice with synthetic KH-1 nonasaccharide stimulates anti-KH-1 and anti-Ley antibodies. Int. J. Cancer, 99: 207–212. doi: 10.1002/ijc.10305
- Issue published online: 11 APR 2002
- Article first published online: 12 MAR 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 DEC 2001
- Manuscript Revised: 19 DEC 2001
- Manuscript Received: 15 NOV 2001
- National Institute of Health. Grant Number: PO1CA52477
- Selma and Lawrence Ruben Foundation
- U.S. Army Department of Defense. Grant Number: DAMD 17-97-1-7119
- Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada. Grant Number: PDF-230654-2000
- Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research. Grant Number: 199901330
- National Institute of Health. Grant Number: F32CA79120
- 121999. Vaccines prepared with sialyl-Tn and sialyl-Tn trimers using the 4-(4-maleimidomethyl)cyclohexane-1-carboxyl hydrazide linker group result in optimal antibody titers against ovine submaxillary mucin and sialyl-Tn-positive tumor cells. Cancer Immunol Immunother 1999;48: 1–8., , , et al.
- 13Immunization of mice with a fully synthetic globo-H antigen results in antibodies against human cancer cells: a combined chemical-immunological approach to the fashioning of an anticancer vaccine. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 1997;36: 125–8., , , et al.
- 18Antigenic determinants and the size of the antibody-combining site: determinants of cell-mediated immunity. In: KabatEA. Structural concepts in immunology and immunochemistry. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1976. 119–66..
- 20Effect of oligosaccharide chain length, exposed terminal group and hapten loading on the antibody response of human adults and infants to vaccines consisting of Haemophilus influenzae type b capsular antigen uniterminally coupled to the diphtheria protein CRM 197. J Immunol 1989;142: 2464–8., , , et al.