Epidemiology and Cancer Prevention
Temporal changes in liver cancer incidence rates in Japan: Accounting for death certificate inaccuracies and improving diagnostic techniques†
Article first published online: 31 MAY 2001
Copyright © 2001 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 93, Issue 5, pages 751–758, 1 September 2001
How to Cite
Sharp, G. B., Cologne, J. B., Fukuhara, T., Itakura, H., Yamamoto, M. and Tokuoka, S. (2001), Temporal changes in liver cancer incidence rates in Japan: Accounting for death certificate inaccuracies and improving diagnostic techniques. Int. J. Cancer, 93: 751–758. doi: 10.1002/ijc.1390
This publication is based on research performed at the Radiation Effects Research Foundation (RERF), Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan. RERF is a private nonprofit foundation funded equally by the Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare and the U.S. Department of Energy through the National Academy of Sciences.
- Issue published online: 22 JUL 2001
- Article first published online: 31 MAY 2001
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 MAR 2001
- Manuscript Revised: 20 MAR 2001
- Manuscript Received: 7 DEC 2000
- US National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: NCI-4893-8-001
- 6KakizoeT (ed). Cancer statistics in Japan—1997. Foundation for Promotion of Cancer Research. Tokyo: National Cancer Center, 1997. p 1–72.
- 7Liver cancer. Cancer Surv 1994;19/20: 99–124., .
- 14ParkinDM, WhelanS, FerlayJ, RarymondL, YoungJ (eds). Cancer incidence in five continents, 143rd ed, volume VII. Lyon, France: IARC Scientific Publications, 1997.
- 18Histological typing of tumours of the liver, biliary tract and pancreas. International histological classification of tumours, 20th ed. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1978., .
- 20Statistical methods in cancer research. Volume II—The design and analysis of cohort studies. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 1987., .
- 21Correcting for catchment area nonresidency in studies based on tumor-registry data. CR1-92, Hiroshima, Japan: Radiation Effects Research Foundation, 1992., .