Body size and breast cancer risk: Findings from the European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition (EPIC)
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2004
Copyright © 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 111, Issue 5, pages 762–771, 20 September 2004
How to Cite
Lahmann, P. H., Hoffmann, K., Allen, N., van Gils, C. H., Khaw, K.-T., Tehard, B., Berrino, F., Tjønneland, A., Bigaard, J., Olsen, A., Overvad, K., Clavel-Chapelon, F., Nagel, G., Boeing, H., Trichopoulos, D., Economou, G., Bellos, G., Palli, D., Tumino, R., Panico, S., Sacerdote, C., Krogh, V., Peeters, P. H.M., Bueno-de-Mesquita, H. B., Lund, E., Ardanaz, E., Amiano, P., Pera, G., Quirós, J. R., Martínez, C., Tormo, M. J., Wirfält, E., Berglund, G., Hallmans, G., Key, T. J., Reeves, G., Bingham, S., Norat, T., Biessy, C., Kaaks, R. and Riboli, E. (2004), Body size and breast cancer risk: Findings from the European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition (EPIC). Int. J. Cancer, 111: 762–771. doi: 10.1002/ijc.20315
- Issue published online: 8 JUL 2004
- Article first published online: 17 MAY 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 MAR 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 3 MAR 2004
- Manuscript Received: 22 DEC 2003
- Europe Against Cancer programme of the European Commission (SANCO)
- Deutsche Krebshilfe
- German Cancer Research Center
- German Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Danish Cancer Society
- Health Research Fund of the Spanish Ministry of Health
- Spanish regional governments of Andalusia, Asturia, Basque Country, Murcia and Navarra
- Cancer Research UK
- Medical Research Council, UK
- Stroke Association, UK
- British Heart Foundation
- Department of Health, UK
- Food Standards Agency, UK
- Wellcome Trust, UK
- Greek Ministry of Health
- Greek Ministry of Education
- Italian Association for Research on Cancer
- Italian National Research Council
- Dutch Ministry of Public Health, Welfare and Sports
- National Cancer Registry and regional cancer registries of Amsterdam, East and Maastricht, the Netherlands
- World Cancer Research Fund
- Swedish Cancer Society
- Swedish Scientific Council
- regional government of Skåne, Sweden
- 1IARC. Weight control and physical activity. vol. 6. Lyon: IARC, 2002.
- 5Energy balance, anthropometry and cancer. New York: Academic Press, 1999..
- 8Nutrition and breast cancer. In: CoulstonAM, RockCL, MonsenER, eds. Nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease. San Diego: Academic Press, 2001. 337–55., .
- 21Writing Group for the Women's Health Initiative investigators. Risks and benefits of estrogen plus progestin in healthy postmenopausal women: principal results from the Women's Health Initiative randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2002; 288: 321–33., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 23Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer. Breast cancer and hormonal replacement therapy: collaborative reanalysis of data from 51 epidemiological studies of 52 705 women with breast cancer and 108,411 women without breast cancer. Lancet 1997; 350: 1047–59.
- 34WHO. Obesity: preventing and managing the global epidemic. Report of a WHO consultation on obesity, Geneva, 3–5 June 1997. Geneva: WHO, 1998.