Profound changes in breast cancer incidence may reflect changes into a Westernized lifestyle: A comparative population-based study in Singapore and Sweden
Article first published online: 13 SEP 2004
Copyright © 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 113, Issue 2, pages 302–306, 10 January 2005
How to Cite
Chia, K.-S., Reilly, M., Tan, C.-S., Lee, J., Pawitan, Y., Adami, H.-O., Hall, P. and Mow, B. (2005), Profound changes in breast cancer incidence may reflect changes into a Westernized lifestyle: A comparative population-based study in Singapore and Sweden. Int. J. Cancer, 113: 302–306. doi: 10.1002/ijc.20561
- Issue published online: 8 NOV 2004
- Article first published online: 13 SEP 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 JUN 2004
- Manuscript Received: 7 DEC 2003
- 1Globocan 2000: cancer incidence, mortality and prevalence worldwide, version 1.0. Lyon: IARC, 2001., , , .
- 2Center for Epidemiology. Statistics: health and diseases, cancer incidence in Sweden 2000. Stockholm: Center for Epidemiology, National Board of Health and Welfare, 2000.
- 3Trends in cancer incidence in Singapore 1968–1992: report no. 4. Singapore: Singapore Cancer Registry, 1996., , , .
- 6Risk factors for breast cancer in younger women. J Natl Cancer Inst 1994; 16: 15–24., .
- 10National Health and Welfare. Cancer registry: cancer incidence in Sweden 1993. Stockholm: National Health and Welfare, 1996.
- 12In all likelihood: statistical modeling and inference using likelihood (section 3.5). Oxford: Oxford Science Publications, 2001..
- 13Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer. Breast cancer and breastfeeding: collaborative reanalysis of individual data from 47 epidemiological studies in 30 countries, including 50302 women with breast cancer and 96973 women without the disease. Lancet 2002; 360: 187–95.
- 14Registrar-General of Births and Deaths. Report on registration of births and deaths. Singapore: Registrar-General of Births and Deaths Singapore, 1990.
- 19Epidemiology and Disease Control Department. National health survey. Singapore: Epidemiology and Disease Control Department, Ministry of Health, 1992.
- 20Epidemiology and Disease Control Department. National health survey. Singapore: Epidemiology and Disease Control Department, Ministry of Health, 1998.
- 23The age selection of mortality from tuberculosis from successive decades. Am J Hyg 1939; 30: 91–6..
- 24Age-period-cohort analyses of chronic disease rates: I, modeling approach. Stat Med 1998; 17: 1223–305., .