Coffee consumption and the risk of primary liver cancer: Pooled analysis of two prospective studies in Japan
Version of Record online: 8 MAR 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 116, Issue 1, pages 150–154, 10 August 2005
How to Cite
Shimazu, T., Tsubono, Y., Kuriyama, S., Ohmori, K., Koizumi, Y., Nishino, Y., Shibuya, D. and Tsuji, I. (2005), Coffee consumption and the risk of primary liver cancer: Pooled analysis of two prospective studies in Japan. Int. J. Cancer, 116: 150–154. doi: 10.1002/ijc.20989
- Issue online: 12 MAY 2005
- Version of Record online: 8 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 24 SEP 2004
- Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Japanese Ministry of Education, Science, and Culture
- 2GLOBOCAN 2000: cancer incidence, mortality and prevalence worldwide. version 1.0. IARC Cancer Base No. 5. Lyon: IARC, 2001., , , .
- 6IARC. Monographs on evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans. Hepatitis viruses. vol. 59. Lyon: IARC, 1994.
- 8IARC. Monographs on evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans. Alcohol drinking. vol. 44. Lyon: IARC, 1998.
- 9World Cancer Research Fund. Food, nutrition and the prevention of cancer: a global perspective. Liver. Washington, DC: American Institute for Cancer Research, 1997. p 202– 14.
- 10IARC. Monographs on evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans. Tobacco smoking and involuntary smoking. vol. 83. Lyon: IARC, 2002.
- 21A cohort study on the relation of lifestyle, personality and biologic markers to cancer in Miyagi, Japan: study design, response rate and profiles of the cohort subjects. J Epidemiol 1995; 5: 153–57., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 24PercyC, Van HoltenV, MuirC International classification of diseases for oncology, 2nd ed. Geneva: WHO, 1990.
- 25Japan, Miyagi Prefecture. In: ParkinDM, WhelanSL, FerlayJ, RaymondL, YoungJ, eds. Cancer incidence in five continents. International Agency for Research on Cancer, vol. 7. Lyon: IARC, 1997. p 386–89., .
- 26Statistical methods in meta-analysis. In: meta-analysis, decision analysis, and cost-effectiveness analysis: methods for quantitative synthesis in medicine. New York: Oxford University Press, 1994.p 90–114..
- 28Study on the result of hepatitis virus test for essential health check. Yobou Igaku J 2003; 388: 32–36., , .
- 29All Japan Coffee Association. A basic survey for monitoring trends in the demand for coffee. Tokyo: All Japan Coffee Association, 2003.
- 31Resources Council, Science and Technology Agency, Japan. Standard tables of food composition in Japan, 5th ed. Tokyo: Printing Bureau, Ministry of Finance, 2000.