Combination therapy with 2-difluoromethylornithine and a polyamine transport inhibitor against murine squamous cell carcinoma
Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 118, Issue 9, pages 2344–2349, 1 May 2006
How to Cite
Chen, Y., Weeks, R. S., Burns, M. R., Boorman, D. W., Klein-Szanto, A. and O'Brien, T. G. (2006), Combination therapy with 2-difluoromethylornithine and a polyamine transport inhibitor against murine squamous cell carcinoma. Int. J. Cancer, 118: 2344–2349. doi: 10.1002/ijc.21621
- Issue online: 21 FEB 2006
- Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Received: 1 JUN 2005
- National Cancer Institute
- DHHS. Grant Number: CA 094107
- 1American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures 2004. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society, 2004.
- 6Bevacizumab plus irinotecan, fluorouacil, and leucovorin for metastatic colorectal cancer. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 1995; 27: 425–42., .
- 7Clinical aspects of inhibition of ornithine decarboxylase with emphasis on therapeutic trials of Eflornithine (DFMO) in cancer and protozoan diseases. In: McCannPP, PeggAE, SjoerdsmaA, eds. Inhibition of polymine metabolism biological significances and basis for new therapies. Orlando: Academic Press, 1987; 345–63., , .
- 11Novel lysine-spermine conjugate inhibits polyamine transport and inhibits cell growth when given with DFMO. Exp Cell Res 2000; 26: 193–302., , , , , , , .
- 15Solid-phase extraction and determination of dansyl derivatives of unconjugated and acetylated polyamines by reversed-phase liquid chromatography: improved separation systems for polyamines in cerebrospinal fluid, urine and tissue. J Chromatogr 1986; 380: 19–32., , , .
- 19Polyamines regulate expression of the neoplastic phenotype in mouse skin. Cancer Res 1998; 58: 1654–9., , , , .