Gastric cancer screening and subsequent risk of gastric cancer: A large-scale population-based cohort study, with a 13-year follow-up in Japan
Article first published online: 5 DEC 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 118, Issue 9, pages 2315–2321, 1 May 2006
How to Cite
Lee, K.-J., Inoue, M., Otani, T., Iwasaki, M., Sasazuki, S. and Tsugane, S. (2006), Gastric cancer screening and subsequent risk of gastric cancer: A large-scale population-based cohort study, with a 13-year follow-up in Japan. Int. J. Cancer, 118: 2315–2321. doi: 10.1002/ijc.21664
- Issue published online: 21 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 5 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Received: 1 APR 2005
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, Japan
- Foundation for Promotion of Cancer Research
- 1StewartBW, KleihuesP, eds. World cancer report. Lyon: IARC, 2003.
- 2TajimaK, KuroishiT, OshimaA, eds. Cancer mortality and morbidity statistics: Japan and the world 2004. Tokyo: Japan Scientific Societies Press, 2004. Japanese cancer association Gann monograph on cancer research no. 51.
- 4Statistics and Information Department, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Report on the health services for the elderly, 2002. Available at www.dbtk.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/youran/indexyk_4_1.html (in Japanese).
- 8Evaluation of a mass screening program for stomach cancer. Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 1979; 53: 181–6., , .
- 14World Health Organization. International classification of diseases and health related problem, 10th revision. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 1990.
- 15World Health Organization. International classification of diseases for oncology, 3rd ed. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2000.
- 26Stomach cancer. In: AdamiH-O, HunterD, TrichopoulosD, eds. Textbook of cancer epidemiology. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. 162–87., .
- 27Gastric cancer. In: KramerBS, GohaganJK, ProrokPC, eds. Cancer screening: theory and practice. New York: Marcel Dekker, 1999. 515–30., .
- 28Screening. In: RothmanKJ, GreenlandS, eds. Modern epidemiology. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven, 1998. 499–518..