Fax: +49-33200-88-444 or +49 30 84454448.
Fruits and vegetables and renal cell carcinoma: Findings from the European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition (EPIC)
Article first published online: 19 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 118, Issue 12, pages 3133–3139, 15 June 2006
How to Cite
Weikert, S., Boeing, H., Pischon, T., Olsen, A., Tjonneland, A., Overvad, K., Becker, N., Linseisen, J., Lahmann, P. H., Arvaniti, A., Kassapa, C., Trichoupoulou, A., Sieri, S., Palli, D., Tumino, R., Vineis, P., Panico, S., van Gils, C. H., Peeters, P. H. M., Bueno-de-Mesquita, H. B., Büchner, F. L., Ljungberg, B., Hallmans, G., Berglund, G., Wirfält, E., Pera, G., Dorronsoro, M., Gurrea, A. B., Navarro, C., Martinez, C., Quirós, J. R., Allen, N., Roddam, A., Bingham, S., Jenab, M., Slimani, N., Norat, T. and Riboli, E. (2006), Fruits and vegetables and renal cell carcinoma: Findings from the European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition (EPIC). Int. J. Cancer, 118: 3133–3139. doi: 10.1002/ijc.21765
- Issue published online: 27 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 19 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 NOV 2005
- Manuscript Received: 29 SEP 2005
- “Europe Against Cancer” Programme of the European Commission (SANCO)
- Deutsche Krebshilfe
- German Cancer Research Center
- German Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Danish Cancer Society
- Health Research Fund (FIS) of the Spanish Ministry of Health
- Spanish Regional Governments of Andalucia, Asturia, Basque Country, Murcia and Navarra
- ISCIII Red de Centro RCESP. Grant Number: C03/09
- Cancer Research UK
- Medical Research Council, UK
- the Stroke Association, UK
- British Heart Foundation
- Department of Health, UK
- Food Standards Agency, UK
- Wellcome Trust, UK
- Greek Ministry of Health
- Greek Ministry of Education
- Italian Association for Research on Cancer
- Italian National Research Council, Compagnia di San Paolo
- Dutch Ministry of Public Health, Welfare and Sports
- National Cancer Registry and the Regional Cancer Registries Amsterdam, East and Maastricht of the Netherlands
- World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF)
- Swedish Cancer Society
- Swedish Scientific Council
- Regional Government of Skåne, Sweden
- 2GLOBOCAN 2002: Cancer Incidence, Mortality and Prevalence Worlwide. Lyon: IARC Press, 2004., , , .
- 6Epidemiologic evidence of the protective effect of fruit and vegetables on cancer risk. Am J Clin Nutr 2003; 78( Suppl 3): S559–69., .
- 31Fruits and vegetables and prostate cancer: no association among 1104 cases in a prospective study of 130544 men in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC). Int J Cancer 2004; 109: 119–24., , , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 32IARC Working Group on the Evaluation of Cancer Preventive Strategies M. Fruit and Vegetables IARC Handbooks of Cancer Prevention, vol. 8. Lyon: IARC, 2003.
- 44Health benefits of fruit and vegetables are from additive and synergistic combinations of phytochemicals. Am J Clin Nutr 2003; 78( Suppl 3): S517–20..