Adulthood consumption of preserved and nonpreserved vegetables and the risk of nasopharyngeal carcinoma: A systematic review
Version of Record online: 28 MAR 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 119, Issue 5, pages 1125–1135, 1 September 2006
How to Cite
Gallicchio, L., Matanoski, G., Tao, X., Chen, L., Lam, T. K., Boyd, K., Robinson, K. A., Balick, L., Mickelson, S., Caulfield, L. E., Herman, J. G., Guallar, E. and Alberg, A. J. (2006), Adulthood consumption of preserved and nonpreserved vegetables and the risk of nasopharyngeal carcinoma: A systematic review. Int. J. Cancer, 119: 1125–1135. doi: 10.1002/ijc.21946
- Issue online: 5 JUN 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 MAR 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 FEB 2006
- Manuscript Received: 26 JAN 2006
- World Cancer Research Fund
- U.S. National Institute of Aging. Grant Number: 5U01AG018033
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Numbers: 5U01CA086308, CA105069, T32 CA09314
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. Grant Number: P30 ES03819
- 1IARC. GLOBOCAN 2000: cancer incidence, mortality and prevalence worldwide, Version 1.0. Lyon, France: IARC Press, 2001.
- 3Nasopharyngeal cancer. In: SchottenfeldD, FraumeniJF, eds. Cancer epidemiology and prevention, 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 1996. 603–18., .
- 19World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) and the American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR). Food, nutrition, and the prevention of cancer: a global perspective. Washington DC: WCRF and AICR, 1997.
- 22Study on incidence factors of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in Sihui using small area analysis model. Chinese J Cancer 2001; 20: 1272–5., , , , .
- 24Nested case-control study on the risk of NPC in high background radiation areas of Yongjiang, China. Chinese J Radiology. Health 2003; 12: 1–3., , .
- 25A case-control study for nasopharyngeal carcinoma in Minan prefecture, Fujian province. China. Chronic Disease Prevention Control 1995; 3: 158–61., , , , .
- 26Preliminary analysis of risk factors of NPC in Fujian province—a case-control study. China. J Preventive Medicine 1992; 26: 185–6., .
- 27The relationship between nasopharyngeal cancer, dietary, and environmental factors in Western area in Heilongjinag province. China Medical J 1993; 3: 213., , .
- 28Multivariable analysis in 100 nasopharyngeal carcinoma cases and the prevention strategy. J Math Med 2000; 13: 137–8., , .
- 31An epidemiological study on risk factors of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in Guangxi province. Ind Occup Dis 2002; 28: 193–6., , .
- 35A case-control study of nasopharyngeal carcinoma among inhabitants in high background radiation areas of Yangjiang, China. China J Radiology Med Protect 1999; 19: 94., , , , , , .
- 37The comparison of risk factors of nasopharyngeal cancer between Northern and Southern China. Chinese J Cancer 1997; 16: 324–5., , , , , , , , .
- 38A matched study with various controls in nasopharyngeal carcinoma epidemiology in Fujian province. J Fujian Med College 1996; 30: 199–202., .
- 39A case-control study on risk condition of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in Southern area of Fujian Province. J Fujian Med College 1995; 29: 179–82., , , .
- 41The relationship between nasopharyngeal cancer and dietary as well as environmental factors in Heilongjiang province. J China Oncol 1993; 15: 75–6., , , , , .
- 45Fermented fruits and vegetables: a global perspective. Rome: Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations, 1998., .
- 46Food mutagens. J Nutr 2003; 133: S965–S73., .
- 54Epidemiologic evidence of the protective effect of fruit and vegetables on cancer risk. Am J Clin Nutr 2003; 78: S559–S69., .
- 59Vegetables, fruits, and carotenoids and the risk of cancer. Am J Clin Nutr 1991; 53: S251–S9..
- 61Methods in observational epidemiology, 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 1996., , , .