Cancer of the mouth and pharynx, occupation and exposure to chemical agents in Finland [in 1971–95]
Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 123, Issue 3, pages 653–659, 1 August 2008
How to Cite
Tarvainen, L., Kyyrönen, P., Kauppinen, T. and Pukkala, E. (2008), Cancer of the mouth and pharynx, occupation and exposure to chemical agents in Finland [in 1971–95]. Int. J. Cancer, 123: 653–659. doi: 10.1002/ijc.23286
- Issue online: 28 MAY 2008
- Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Received: 1 JUN 2007
- Finnish Dental Society Apollonia
- Finnish Dental Association for Women (Suomen Naishammaslääkärit ry)
- 6Cancer risk by social class and occupation. A survey of 109,000 cancer cases among Finns of working age. In: WahrendorfJ, ed. Contributions to Epidemiology and Biostatistics. Helsinki: Karger, 1995. 278p..
- 7Cancers of the lip and oropharynx in different social and occupational groups in Finland. Eur J Cancer B Oral Oncol 1994; 30: 209–15., , .
- 12Central Statistical Office of Finland.Population census 1970: occupation and social position, Official Statistics of Finland VI C: 104, vol. 9. Helsinki: Central Statistical Office of Finland, 1974.
- 15Health behavior and health among the Finnish adult population. Helsinki: National Public Health Institute, 2003 (in Finnish)., , , , .
- 16Occupational mobility in Finland 1975/1980/1985 (in Finnish). Study No 160. Helsinki: Central Statistical Office of Finland, 1989. 188p..
- 19Scaffolding, factor or office––study of mortality and disability by occupations (in Finnish). Finnish Official Statistics, Health 1995;4. Helsinki: Central Statistical Office, 1995. 261p., , .
- 23Smoking, alcohol, dentition and diet in the epidemiology of oral cancer. Eur J Cancer B Oral Oncol 1992; 28: 9–15., , , , , , , .
- 26Alcohol-related utilization of health services in Finland 1972. Studies No 29. Helsinki: Alcohol Research Foundation, 1978 (in Finnish)..
- 27Lifestyles in different occupational groups among Finnish men in 1978–1990. Publication No 20. Helsinki: LEL Työeläkekassa, 1992 (in Finnish with an English summary)., , , .
- 28Finnish drinking habits and work. Alkoholipolitiikka 1979; 44: 63–70 (in Finnish with an English summary)..
- 29Adult use of tobacco in Finland in the 1950s to 1970s. The state of smoking in autumn 1976, changes in cigarette smoking in 1968–1976 and conclusions of development of smoking habits. Publications on Public Health M 40/78. Tampere: University of Tampere, Dept of Public Health, 1978 (in Finnish)..
- 30Alcohol consumption. In: OlsenJH,AndersenA,DreyerL,PukkalaE,TryggvadottirL,Gerhardsson de VerdierM,WintherJF, eds.Avoidable cancers in the Nordic countries. APMIS 1997; 105 ( Suppl 76): 48–67., , , .
- 31Central Statistical Office of Finland. Household survey for 1966. Statistical Reports: 51. Helsinki: Central Statistical Office of Finland, 1972.
- 32International Agency for Research on Cancer.Wood dust and formaldehyde. IARC Monographs on the evaluation on carcinogenic risks to humans, vol. 62. Lyon: IARC, 1995.
- 33International Agency for Research on Cancer.Wood, leather and some associated industries. IARC monographs on the evaluation on carcinogenic risks to humans, vol. 25. Lyon: IARC, 1981.
- 34International Agency for Research on Cancer.Some flame retardants and textile chemicals, and exposures in the textile manufacturing industry. IARC monographs on the evaluation on carcinogenic risks to humans, vol. 48. Lyon: IARC, 1990.
- 35International Agency for Research on Cancer.Inorganic and organic lead compounds. IARC monographs on the evaluation on carcinogenic risks to humans, vol. 87. Lyon: IARC, 2006.
- 36International Agency for Research on Cancer.Some organic solvents, resin monomers and related compounds, pigments and occupational exposures in paint manufacture and painting. IARC monographs on the evaluation on carcinogenic risks to humans, vol. 47. Lyon: IARC, 1989.
- 41International Agency for Research on Cancer.IARC monographs on the evaluation on carcinogenic risks to humans. Overall evaluations of carcinogenicity: an updating of IARC monographs, vols. 1–42, Supplement 7. Lyon: IARC, 1987.