Fruit and vegetable consumption and squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus in Japan: The JPHC study
Article first published online: 7 AUG 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 123, Issue 8, pages 1935–1940, 15 October 2008
How to Cite
Yamaji, T., Inoue, M., Sasazuki, S., Iwasaki, M., Kurahashi, N., Shimazu, T., Tsugane, S. and for the Japan Public Health Center-based Prospective Study Group (2008), Fruit and vegetable consumption and squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus in Japan: The JPHC study. Int. J. Cancer, 123: 1935–1940. doi: 10.1002/ijc.23744
- Issue published online: 13 AUG 2008
- Article first published online: 7 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 26 APR 2008
- Manuscript Received: 11 FEB 2008
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan (Grants-in-Aid for Cancer Research and for the 3rd Term Comprehensive 10-Year-Strategy for Cancer Control)
- 1World cancer report. Lyon, France: IARC Press, 2003., .
- 2Esophageal cancer. In: SchottenfeldD,FraumeniJF,Jr, eds. Cancer epidemiology and prevention,3rd edn. New York, USA: Oxford University Press, 2006. 697–706., ,
- 9IARC Handbooks of Cancer Prevention. Cruciferous vegetables, isothiocyanates and indoles, vol 9. Lyon, France: IARC Press, 2004.
- 15Resources Council, Science and Technology Agency. Standard tables of food composition in Japan, 5th edn. Tokyo, Japan: Printing Office, the Ministry of Finance, 2000.
- 21International classification of diseases for oncology: ICD-O, 3rd edn. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2000..
- 22Nutritional epidemiology, 2nd edn. New York, USA: Oxford University Press, 1998..
- 23Office for Lifestyle-Related Diseases Control. The national nutrition survey in Japan, 1998. Tokyo, Japan: Dai-Ichi Shuppan Publishing, 2000.