Large differences in patterns of breast cancer survival between Australia and England: A comparative study using cancer registry data
Article first published online: 18 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 124, Issue 10, pages 2391–2399, 15 May 2009
How to Cite
Woods, L. M., Rachet, B., O'Connell, D., Lawrence, G., Tracey, E., Willmore, A. and Coleman, M. P. (2009), Large differences in patterns of breast cancer survival between Australia and England: A comparative study using cancer registry data. Int. J. Cancer, 124: 2391–2399. doi: 10.1002/ijc.24233
- Issue published online: 16 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 18 DEC 2008
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 DEC 2008 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Received: 30 APR 2008
- Medical Research Council UK (MRC) studentship
- 1Survival of cancer patients in Europe: the EUROCARE study. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 1995., , , , , .
- 2Survival of cancer patients in Europe: the EUROCARE-2 study. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 1999., , , , , , , .
- 3Survival of cancer patients in Europe: the EUROCARE-3 study. Ann Oncol 2003; 14 ( Suppl 5): v1–v155., , , , , , , , .
- 6Cancer survival trends in England and Wales 1971–1995: deprivation and NHS region. Series SMPS No. 61. London: The Stationery Office, 1999., , , , , , , , , , .
- 8Breast cancer survival in NSW in 1973 to 1995. Sydney: Cancer Epidemiology Research Unit and NSW Central Cancer Registry Cancer Control Information Centre, NSW Cancer Council, 1998., , , , .
- 9Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW), Australasian Association of Cancer Registries (AACR). Cancer survival in Australia 1992–1997: geographic categories and socioeconomic status. Report No.: 22. Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 2003.
- 10CONCORD Steering Committee. Cancer survival in Europe and North America: the CONCORD study protocol. London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. Accessed on January 10, 2001. Available at: http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/ncdeu/cancersurvival/concord/index.htm.
- 15Cancer survival trends in England and Wales 1971–1995: deprivation and NHS region (CDROM). London: Office for National Statistics, 1999., , , , .
- 17CRUK Cancer Survival Group. strel computer program version 5.8 and life tables for cancer survival analysis. Non-communicable Disease Epidemiology Unit, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK. Accessed on November 19, 2006. Available at: www.lshtm.ac.uk/ncdeu/cancersurvival/tools.htm.
- 21Multiple imputation for non-response in surveys. New York: Wiley, 1987..
- 22Statistical analysis with missing data. New York: Wiley, 1987., .
- 23Analysis of incomplete multivariate data. New York: Chapman & Hall/CRC, 1997..
- 36Australian Bureau of Statistics. Migration, Australia 2004–2005. Report No.: Cat. no. 3412.0. Canberra: 2006.
- 37Neighbourhood Renewal Unit—Office for the Deputy Prime Minister. The English indices of deprivation 2004 (revised). London: Neighbourhood Renewal Unit, Office for the Deputy Prime Minister, 2004.
- 38Australian Bureau of Statistics. Socio-economic indexes for areas: Australia. Technical report. Report No.: 2039.0.55.001. Canberra: 2004.
- 39Australian Bureau of Statistics. Table 49: expectation of life at single ages (0–100), females, Australia, 1881 onwards. Report No.: 3105.0. 65.001. 2004.
- 40Interim life tables. Government Actuary's Department 1991. Accessed on July 8, 2008. Available at: http://www.gad.gov.uk.
- 43Survival of colorectal cancer patients hospitalized in the Veterans Affairs Health Care System. Am J Gastroenterol 2003; 98: 1186–92., , .Direct Link: