Flavonoid consumption and esophageal cancer among black and white men in the United States†
Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2009
Copyright © 2009 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 125, Issue 5, pages 1147–1154, 1 September 2009
How to Cite
Bobe, G., Peterson, J. J., Gridley, G., Hyer, M., Dwyer, J. T. and Brown, L. M. (2009), Flavonoid consumption and esophageal cancer among black and white men in the United States. Int. J. Cancer, 125: 1147–1154. doi: 10.1002/ijc.24421
The U.S. Department of Agriculture disclaims responsibility for any statistical analyses, interpretations or conclusions.
- Issue online: 22 JUN 2009
- Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 MAR 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 FEB 2009
- Manuscript Received: 15 JAN 2009
- National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD (Public Health Service contract). Grant Numbers: N01CP51090, N01CP51089, N01CP51092, N01CN05225, N01CN31022, N01CN05227
- USDA Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service. Grant Number: 2006-35200-17259
- 1World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research. Food, nutrition, physical activity, and the prevention of cancer: a global perspective. Washington, DC: AICR, 2007.
- 14From nutrient data to data base for a health and nutrition examination survey: organization, coding, and values-real or imputed. In: Proceedings of the Eighth National Nutrient Databank Conference. Minneapolis, MN, July 25–27, 1983. Springfield, VA: National Technical Information Service, 1984. 83 A.D..
- 15Citrus flavonoids promote health through decreasing cancer risk (poster). In: SaltosE, ed. Program Director Workshop for the National Research Initiative Bioactive Components for Optimal Health Program. Knoxville, TN: United Stated Department of Agriculture, Cooperative State Research Education and Extension Service, 2008., .
- 16U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. USDA database for the flavonoid content of selected foods, Release 2.1, 2007. Available at the Nutrient Data Laboratory web site: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/Flav/Flav02–1.pdf.
- 17U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. USDA–Iowa State University database on the isoflavone content of foods, Release 1.4, 2007. Available at the Nutrient Data Laboratory web site: http://www.ars.usda.gov/nutrientdata.
- 18U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. USDA database for the proanthocyanidin content of selected foods, USDA, 2004. Available at the Nutrient Data Laboratory web site: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/PA/PA.pdf.
- 27Epidemiology of esophageal cancer. In: PosnerMC,VokesEE,WeichselbaumRR, eds. Cancer of the upper gastrointestinal tract. Hamilton/London: BC Decker, 2002 1–21., , .