Association of prostate stem cell antigen gene polymorphisms with the risk of stomach cancer in Japanese
Article first published online: 22 APR 2009
Copyright © 2009 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 125, Issue 8, pages 1961–1964, 15 October 2009
How to Cite
Matsuo, K., Tajima, K., Suzuki, T., Kawase, T., Watanabe, M., Shitara, K., Misawa, K., Ito, S., Sawaki, A., Muro, K., Nakamura, T., Yamao, K., Yamamura, Y., Hamajima, N., Hiraki, A. and Tanaka, H. (2009), Association of prostate stem cell antigen gene polymorphisms with the risk of stomach cancer in Japanese. Int. J. Cancer, 125: 1961–1964. doi: 10.1002/ijc.24519
- Issue published online: 19 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 22 APR 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 APR 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Received: 11 DEC 2008
- Ministry of Education, Science, Sports, Culture and Technology of Japan
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan
- 1Cancer incidence and incidence rates in Japan in 2001 based on the data from 10 population-based cancer registries. Jpn J Clin Oncol 2007; 37: 884–91., , , , , .
- 2WHO. The global burden of disease: 2004 Update. Switzerland: WHO, 2008.
- 3IARC. Schstosomes, liver flukes and Helicobacter pylori. Monographs on the evaluation of the carcinogenic risks to humans, vol. 61. Lyon: IARC Publishing, 1994; 177–241.
- 4Genetic variation in PSCA is associated with susceptibility to diffuse-type gastric cancer. Nat Genet 2008; 40: 730–40., , , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 5A model of practical cancer prevention for out-patients visiting a hospital: the Hospital-Based Epidemiologic Research Program at Aichi Cancer Center (HERPACC). Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2000; 1: 35–47., , , , , .
- 6Gene-environment interactions and polymorphism Studies of Cancer Risk in the Hospital-based Epidemiologic Research Program at Aichi Cancer Center II (HERPACC-II). Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2001; 2: 99–107., , , , , , , .
- 7Age-specific risk factors of breast cancer estimated by a case-control study. J Epidemiol 1995; 5: 99–105., , , , , .
- 8Epidemiological features of first-visit outpatients in Japan: comparison with general population and variation by sex, age, and season. J Clin Epidemiol 1997; 50: 69–77., , , , , , .
- 9Effect of Helicobacter pylori infection combined with CagA and pepsinogen status on gastric cancer development among Japanese men and women: a nested case-control study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2006; 15: 1341–7., , , , , , , .
- 10Effect of Helicobacter pylori eradication in the treatment of Japanese patients with chronic idiopathic urticaria. J Gastroenterol 2004; 39: 827–30., , , , , .
- 11QUANTO documentation. (Technical report no. 157). Los Angeles, CA: Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California, 2001., .
- 12Prostate stem cell antigen: a cell surface marker overexpressed in prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1998; 95: 1735–40., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 13Anti-PSCA mAbs inhibit tumor growth and metastasis formation and prolong the survival of mice bearing human prostate cancer xenografts. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2001; 98: 2658–63., , , , , .
- 14Anti-prostate stem cell antigen monoclonal antibody 1G8 induces cell death in vitro and inhibits tumor growth in vivo via a Fc-independent mechanism. Cancer Res 2005; 65: 9495–500., , , .
- 15Prostate stem cell antigen is a marker of late intermediate prostate epithelial cells. Mol Cancer Res 2002; 1: 113–21., , , .
- 16Progression of chronic atrophic gastritis associated with Helicobacter pylori infection increases risk of gastric cancer. Int J Cancer 2004; 109: 138–43., , , , , , , , , , , , et al.