Cancer Cell Biology
Enhanced expression of Annexin A4 in clear cell carcinoma of the ovary and its association with chemoresistance to carboplatin
Article first published online: 20 MAY 2009
Copyright © 2009 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 125, Issue 10, pages 2316–2322, 15 November 2009
How to Cite
Kim, A., Enomoto, T., Serada, S., Ueda, Y., Takahashi, T., Ripley, B., Miyatake, T., Fujita, M., Lee, C. M., Morimoto, K., Fujimoto, M., Kimura, T. and Naka, T. (2009), Enhanced expression of Annexin A4 in clear cell carcinoma of the ovary and its association with chemoresistance to carboplatin. Int. J. Cancer, 125: 2316–2322. doi: 10.1002/ijc.24587
- Issue published online: 18 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 20 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Received: 13 FEB 2009
- Japanese Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports (Grants-Aids for Scientific Research)
- 1Cancer statistics, 2008. CA Cancer J Clin 2008; 58: 71–96., , , , , , .
- 2Mechanisms of chemoresistance and poor prognosis in ovarian clear cell carcinoma. Cancer Sci 2008; 99: 653–8., , .
- 3Progress and challenges in screening for early detection of ovarian cancer. Mol Cell Proteomics 2004; 3: 355–66., .
- 4Biomarkers of ovarian tumours. Eur J Cancer 2004; 40: 2604–12., , , .
- 5Clinical characteristics of clear cell carcinoma of the ovary: a distinct histologic type with poor prognosis and resistance to platinum-based chemotherapy. Cancer 2000; 88: 2584–9., , , , , , , , .
- 6Treatment issues in clear cell carcinoma of the ovary: a different entity? Oncologist 2006; 11: 1089–94., , , .
- 7Differential tissue expression of three 35-kDa annexin calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding proteins. J Biol Chem 1989; 264: 14463–70., , .
- 8Structure of the trigonal crystal form of bovine annexin IV. Biochem J 1998; 329: 101–6., , , , , , , .
- 9Phosphorylation mutants elucidate the mechanism of annexin IV-mediated membrane aggregation. Biochemistry 2001; 40: 4192–9., , , , , , , .
- 10Annexin A4 reduces water and proton permeability of model membranes but does not alter aquaporin 2-mediated water transport in isolated endosomes. J Gen Physiol 2003; 121: 413–25., , , , .
- 11Differential lipid specificities of the repeated domains of annexin IV. Biochim Biophys Acta 2001; 1546: 205–15., , , , , .
- 12Annexin A4 self-association modulates general membrane protein mobility in living cells. Mol Biol Cell 2006; 17: 3318–28., .
- 13A role for annexin IV in epithelial cell function. Inhibition of calcium-activated chloride conductance. J Biol Chem 1994; 269: 5297–302., , , , .
- 14Modulation of paclitaxel resistance by annexin IV in human cancer cell lines. Br J Cancer 2000; 83: 83–8., , , , .
- 15Proteomic search for potential diagnostic markers and therapeutic targets for ovarian clear cell adenocarcinoma. Proteomics 2006; 6: 5880–90., , , , , .
- 16Mass spectrometric sequencing of proteins silver-stained polyacrylamide gels. Anal Chem 1996; 68: 850–8., , , .
- 17Expression of multidrug resistance proteins and accumulation of cisplatin in human non-small cell lung cancer cells. Biol Pharm Bull 2005; 28: 707–12., , , , , , , , , .
- 18Paclitaxel plus carboplatin versus standard chemotherapy with either single-agent carboplatin or cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and cisplatin in women with ovarian cancer: the ICON3 randomised trial. Lancet 2002; 360: 505–15.
- 19Clear cell carcinoma of the ovary: poor prognosis compared to serous carcinoma. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 1998; 19: 438–40., , , .
- 20Clear cell epithelial ovarian cancer (mesonephroid): bad prognosis only in early stages. Gynecol Oncol 1993; 49: 250–4., , , , , .
- 21Cell cycle and post-transcriptional regulation of annexin expression in IMR-90 human fibroblasts. Biochem J 1997; 322: 365–71., ,