Cancer incidence among children and adolescents in Brazil: First report of 14 population-based cancer registries
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2009
Copyright © 2009 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 126, Issue 3, pages 715–720, 1 February 2010
How to Cite
de Camargo, B., de Oliveira Santos, M., Rebelo, M. S., de Souza Reis, R., Ferman, S., Noronha, C. P. and Pombo-de-Oliveira, M. S. (2010), Cancer incidence among children and adolescents in Brazil: First report of 14 population-based cancer registries. Int. J. Cancer, 126: 715–720. doi: 10.1002/ijc.24799
- Issue published online: 8 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 JUL 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JUL 2009
- Manuscript Received: 1 JUN 2009
- 1Cancer incidence among chil and adolescents in the United States, 2001–2003. Pediatrics 2008; 121: e1470–77., , , , .
- 2ParkinDM, KramarovaE, DraperG, MasuyerE, MichaelisJ, NegliaJ, QureshiS, StillerC, editors. International incidence of childhood cancer. Lyon (France): International Agency for Research on Cancer; 1998. v. II. Scientific Publications No.: 144. 391 p.
- 3RiesLAG, SmithA, GurneyJG, LinetM, TamraT, YoungJL, BuninGR, editors. Cancer incidence and survival among children and adolescents. Bethesda MD (United States): SEER Program 1975–1995, National Cancer Institute; 1999. NIH Pub. No.: 99–4649.
- 4Geographical patterns and time trends of cancer incidence and survival among children and adolescents in Europe since the 1970s (the ACCIS project): an epidemiological study. Lancet 2004; 364: 2097–105., , , , , , .
- 5The international incidence of childhood cancer. Int J Cancer 1988; 42: 511–20., , , .
- 6PercyC, Van HoltenV, MuirC, editors. International Classification of Diseases for Oncology. 2nd ed. Geneva (Switzerland): World Health Organization; 1990. 144 p.
- 7The international classification of childhood cancer. Int J Cancer 1996; 68: 759–65., .
- 8Cancer incidence in five continents. Geneva, UICC; Berlin: Springer, 1966. vol. 1., , , editors.
- 9Brazilian Osteosarcoma Treatment Group Studies III and IV. Results of the Brazilian Osteosarcoma Treatment Group Studies III and IV: prognostic factors and impact on survival. J Clin Oncol 2006; 24: 1161–8., , , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 10Brazilian Collaborative Study Group of Infant Acute Leukemia. Development and perspective of current Brazilian studies on the epidemiology of childhood leukemia. Blood Cells Mol Dis 2009; 42: 121–5., , , , .
- 11Cancer mortality among shoe manufacturing workers: an analysis of two cohorts. Occup Environ Med 1996; 53: 394–8., , , , , , .
- 12International variations in the incidence of childhood bone tumours. Int J Cancer 1993; 53: 371–6., , .
- 13International variations in the incidence of childhood renal tumours. Br J Cancer 1990; 62: 1026–30., .
- 14Incidence of retinoblastoma in the USA: 1975–2004. Br J Ophthalmol 2009; 93: 21–3., , .
- 15Retinoblastoma incidence and survival in European children (1978–1997). Report from the Automated Childhood Cancer Information System Project. Eur J Cancer 2006; 42: 2092–102., , , .
- 16Incidence of retinoblastoma in Malawi. J Pediatr Ophthalmol 1976; 13: 340–3., .
- 17Cancer incidence in Conakry, Guinea: first results from the Cancer Registry 1992–1995. Int J Cancer 1997; 70: 39–45., , , , , , , , , .
- 18Incidence of cancer in children residing in ten jurisdictions of the Mexican Republic: importance of the cancer registry (a population-based study). BMC Cancer 2007; 7: 68., , , , , , .
- 19ParkinDM, StillerCA, DraperGJ, BieberCA, TerraciniB, YoungJL, editors. International incidence of childhood cancer. Lyon (France): International Agency for Research on Cancer; 1988. Scientific Publications No.: 87.
- 20Mortality rate of adrenocortical tumors in children inder 15 years of age in Curitiba, Brazil. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2006; 47: 56–60., , , , , , , .