Tel: +206-285-2313, Fax: +206-285-6619
Early Detection and Diagnosis
Cost-effectiveness analysis of cervical cancer prevention based on a rapid human papillomavirus screening test in a high-risk region of China†
Article first published online: 4 JAN 2010
Copyright © 2010 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 127, Issue 6, pages 1404–1411, 15 September 2010
How to Cite
Levin, C. E., Sellors, J., Shi, J.-F., Ma, L., Qiao, Y.-l., Ortendahl, J., O'Shea, M. K.H. and Goldie, S. J. (2010), Cost-effectiveness analysis of cervical cancer prevention based on a rapid human papillomavirus screening test in a high-risk region of China. Int. J. Cancer, 127: 1404–1411. doi: 10.1002/ijc.25150
Presented in part at the International Papillomavirus Conference, Beijing, November 2007.
- Issue published online: 19 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 4 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Received: 29 AUG 2009
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Grant Number: 30505
- 4International Agency for Research on Cancer. Human papillomaviruses. IARC monographs on the evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans, vol. 64. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 1995. 409 p.
- 5Alliance for Cervical Cancer Prevention (ACCP), 10 key findings and recommendations for effective cervical cancer screening and treatment programs. April 2007. Available at http://www.alliance-cxca.org/files/ACCP_recs_2007_factsheet_final.pdf
- 8QIAGEN. Landmark study in New England Journal of Medicine shows HPV testing significantly reduces deaths from cervical cancer, compared to other methods including Pap. Press Release. April 1, 2009. Available at http://www1.qiagen.com/about/pressreleases/PressReleaseView.aspx?PressRelease ID=247
- 11Disease control priorities in developing countries, 2nd edn. New York: Oxford University Press, 2006. 1401 p., , , , , , , , .
- 12DrummondMF, SculpherMJ, TorranceGW, O'BrienBJ, StoddardtGL, eds. Methods for the economic evaluation of health care programs, 3rd edn. New York: Oxford University Press, 2005. 379 p.
- 13GoldMR, SiegelJE, RussellLB, WeinsteinMC, eds. Cost-effectiveness in health and medicine. New York: Oxford University Press, 1996. 456 p.
- 14World Health Organization (WHO), Statistical Information System. CHOICE (CHOosing Interventions that are Cost Effective). Available at http://www.who.int/choice/en/.
- 15ZeyiC, eds. The guideline of treatment for common gynecological cancers, 2nd edn. Beijing: People's Health Publish House, 2007. 23–40.
- 16ZhiweiD, eds. The screening and early diagnosis of main cancers in China. The progress of cancer research in China, vol. 7. Beijing: Beijing University Medical Publish House, 2004. 212–34.
- 18National Bureau of Statistics of China. China Statistical Yearbook, 2006. Available at http://www.stats.gov.cn/tjsj/ndsj/2006/indexch.htm.
- 19Shanxi Province cervical cancer screening study II: self-sampling for high-risk human papillomavirus compared to direct sampling for human papillomavirus and liquid based cervical cytology. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2003; 13: 819–26., , , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 22World Health Organization (WHO), Department of Reproductive Health and Research. Mother-Baby Package Costing Spreadsheet Version 1.01. Geneva: WHO, 1999.
- 23World Bank. World Development Indicators. Available at http://www.worldbank.org/data/onlinedatabases/onlinedatabases.html
- 24Commission on Macroeconomics and Health. Macroeconomics and health: investing in health for economic development. Report of the commission on macroeconomics and health. Geneva: WHO, 2001.