Tel.: +81-92-801-1011, Fax: +81-92-865-4114
HB-EGF orchestrates the complex signals involved in triple-negative and trastuzumab-resistant breast cancer
Article first published online: 24 MAY 2010
Copyright © 2010 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 127, Issue 11, pages 2707–2717, 1 December 2010
How to Cite
Yotsumoto, F., Oki, E., Tokunaga, E., Maehara, Y., Kuroki, M. and Miyamoto, S. (2010), HB-EGF orchestrates the complex signals involved in triple-negative and trastuzumab-resistant breast cancer. Int. J. Cancer, 127: 2707–2717. doi: 10.1002/ijc.25472
- Issue published online: 24 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 24 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Received: 24 OCT 2009
- Central Research Institute of Fukuoka University (Fukuoka, Japan)
- Kakihara Science and Technology Foundation (Fukuoka, Japan)
- Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co. Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan)
- Fukuoka Cancer Society (Fukuoka, Japan)
- 14A metalloprotease-disintegrin, MDC9/meltrin-gamma/ADAM9 and PKCdelta are involved in TPA-induced ectodomain shedding of membrane-anchored heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor. EMBO J 1998; 17: 7260–72., , , , , , , , , , .
- 21Japanese Breast Cancer Society. General rules for clinical and pathological recording of breast cancer, 16th edn. Tokyo: Kanehara, 2008.
- 33ZD1839, a specific epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) tyrosine kinase inhibitor, induces the formation of inactive EGFR/HER2 and EGFR/HER3 heterodimers and prevents heregulin signaling in HER2-overexpressing breast cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res 2003; 9: 1274–83., , , , , , , .
- 37Objective response rate in a phase II multicenter trial of pertuzumab (P), a HER2 dimerization inhibiting monoclonal antibody, in combination with trastuzumab (T) in patients (pts) with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer (MBC) which has progressed during treatment with T. J Clin Oncol 2007; 25( 20 Suppl)., , , , , , , .
- 38on behalf of the Translational Breast Cancer Research Consortium. TBCRC 001: EGFR inhibition with cetuximab added to carboplatin in metastatic triple-negative (basal-like) breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2008; 26 ( Suppl)., , , , , , , , ,
- 39Phase II double-blind randomized trial of daily oral RAD001 (everolimus) plus letrozole (LET) or placebo (P) plus LET as neoadjuvant therapy for ER+ breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2007; 106 ( Suppl)., , , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 40Multicenter phase I clinical trial of daily and weekly RAD001 in combination with weekly paclitaxel and trastuzumab in patients with HER2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer with prior resistance to trastuzumab. J Clin Oncol 2008; 26 ( Suppl)., , , , , , .
- 41Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III study of bevacizumab with docetaxel or docetaxel with placebo as first-line therapy for patients with locally recurrent or metastatic breast cancer (mBC): AVADO. J Clin Oncol 2008; 26 ( Suppl)., , , , , , , , , .