Tel.: +1-212-639-6982, Fax: +1-646-422-2379
Early Detection and Diagnosis
Evaluation of prediagnostic prostate-specific antigen dynamics as predictors of death from prostate cancer in patients treated conservatively†
Version of Record online: 23 JUL 2010
Copyright © 2010 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 128, Issue 10, pages 2373–2381, 15 May 2011
How to Cite
O'Brien, M. F., Cronin, A. M., Fearn, P. A., Savage, C. J., Smith, B., Stasi, J., Scardino, P. T., Fisher, G., Cuzick, J., Møller, H., Oliver, R. T., Berney, D. M., Foster, C. S., Eastham, J. A., Vickers, A. J., Lilja, H. and on behalf of the Trans-Atlantic Prostate Group (2011), Evaluation of prediagnostic prostate-specific antigen dynamics as predictors of death from prostate cancer in patients treated conservatively. Int. J. Cancer, 128: 2373–2381. doi: 10.1002/ijc.25570
Dr. Hans Lilja holds patents for free PSA and hK2 assays. Dr. Peter Scardino has stock in Claros Diagnostics.
- Issue online: 25 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 23 JUL 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 JUL 2010 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Received: 19 FEB 2010
- National Health Institutes/National Cancer Institute SPORE in Prostate Cancer. Grant Number: P50-CA92629
- Cancer Research UK
- The Orchid Appeal
- The Boxer Family Fellowship
- The Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urological Cancers
- Prostate Cancer Foundation
- 8Pretreatment prostate-specific antigen (PSA) velocity and doubling time are associated with outcome but neither improves prediction of outcome beyond pretreatment PSA alone in patients treated with radical prostatectomy. J Clin Oncol 2009; 27: 3591–7., , , , , , , , , .
- 26Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. MSKCC. Org prediction tools: PSA doubling time. 2008. Available at: http://www.mskcc.org/applications/nomograms/prostate/PsaDoublingTime.aspx. Accessed June 19, 2009.
- 29Long-term prediction of prostate cancer: prostate-specific antigen (PSA) velocity is predictive but does not improve the predictive accuracy of a single PSA measurement 15 years or more before cancer diagnosis in a large, representative, unscreened population. J Clin Oncol 2008; 26: 835–41., , , , , , , , , .