Tel.: +61-8-9489-7922, Fax: +61-8-9489-7700
Exposure to house painting and the use of floor treatments and the risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia†
Version of Record online: 23 JUL 2010
Copyright © 2010 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 128, Issue 10, pages 2405–2414, 15 May 2011
How to Cite
Bailey, H. D., Milne, E., de Klerk, N. H., Fritschi, L., Attia, J., Cole, C., Armstrong, B. K. and for the Aus-ALL Consortium (2011), Exposure to house painting and the use of floor treatments and the risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Int. J. Cancer, 128: 2405–2414. doi: 10.1002/ijc.25572
The Aus-ALL consortium conducted the study and the Telethon Institute for Child Health Research (TICHR), The University of Western Australia, was the coordinating centre. Bruce Armstrong (Sydney School of Public Health), Elizabeth Milne (TICHR), Frank van Bockxmeer (Royal Perth Hospital), Michelle Haber (Children's Cancer Institute Australia), Rodney Scott (The University of Newcastle), John Attia (University of Newcastle), Murray Norris (Children's Cancer Institute Australia), Carol Bower (TICHR), Nicholas de Klerk (TICHR), Lin Fritschi (WA Institute for Medical Research), Ursula Kees (TICHR), Margaret Miller (Edith Cowan University) and Judith Thompson (WA Cancer Registry) were the research investigators as well as Helen Bailey (TICHR) was the project coordinator. The clinical investigators were: Frank Alvaro (John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle); Catherine Cole (Princess Margaret Hospital for Children, Perth); Luciano Dalla Pozza (Children's Hospital at Westmead, Sydney); John Daubenton (Royal Hobart Hospital, Hobart); Peter Downie (Monash Medical Centre, Melbourne); Lianne Lockwood, (Royal Children's Hospital, Brisbane); Maria Kirby (Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide); Glenn Marshall (Sydney Children's Hospital, Sydney); Elizabeth Smibert (Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne); Ram Suppiah, (previously Mater Children's Hospital, Brisbane).
- Issue online: 25 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 23 JUL 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 JUL 2010 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Received: 29 APR 2010
- The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC). Grant Number: 254539
- NHMRC Post Graduate Scholarship. Grant Number: 513934
- NHMRC Career Development Award. Grant Number: 513910
- NHMRC Fellowship. Grant Number: 513706
- 1Epidemiology of Childhood Cancer, International Agency for Research. IARC Sci Publ 1999; 149: 12–13..
- 16Paint in Kirk-Othmer encyclopedia of chemical technology [Internet]ed. New York: Wiley, 2005. Available at: http://mrw.interscience.wiley.com/emrw/9780471238966/kirk/article/archlema.a01/current/html. [accessed on January 13, 2009]., , .
- 20The volatile organic compounds in paints, varnishes and vehicle refinishing products regulations, United Kingdom [Statute on Internet]. 2005. Available at: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si5/20052773.htm. [accessed on July 29, 2009].
- 21Australian Paint Approval Scheme. Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) Limits [Internet]. Highett, Victoria: Australian Paint Approval Scheme, 2006. Available at: http://www.apas.gov.au/pdfs/D181.pdf