Z.L. and S.B. contributed equally to this work.
A higher detection rate for colorectal cancer and advanced adenomatous polyp for screening with immunochemical fecal occult blood test than guaiac fecal occult blood test, despite lower compliance rate. A prospective, controlled, feasibility study
Article first published online: 23 JUL 2010
Copyright © 2010 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 128, Issue 10, pages 2415–2424, 15 May 2011
How to Cite
Levi, Z., Birkenfeld, S., Vilkin, A., Bar-Chana, M., Lifshitz, I., Chared, M., Maoz, E. and Niv, Y. (2011), A higher detection rate for colorectal cancer and advanced adenomatous polyp for screening with immunochemical fecal occult blood test than guaiac fecal occult blood test, despite lower compliance rate. A prospective, controlled, feasibility study. Int. J. Cancer, 128: 2415–2424. doi: 10.1002/ijc.25574
- Issue published online: 25 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 23 JUL 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 JUL 2010 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Received: 18 MAR 2010
- 6How should we screen for early colorectal neoplasia. In: RozenP, YoungGP, LevinB, SpannSJ, eds. Colorectal cancer in clinical practice. London: Martin Dunitz, 2002. 77–99., , .
- 9Screening and surveillance for the early detection of colorectal cancer and adenomatous polyps, 2008: a joint guideline from the American Cancer Society, the US Multi-Society Task Force on colorectal cancer, and the American College of Radiology. Gastroenterology 2008; 134: 1570–95., , , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 11Performance characteristics and evaluation of an automated developed and quantitative, immunochemical, fecal occult blood screening test. Am J Gastroenterol 2005; 100: 2519–2., , , , , , .Direct Link:
- 16Quantitative colonoscopic evaluation of relative efficiencies of an immunochemical fecal occult blood test and a sensitive guaiac test for detecting significant colorectal neoplasms. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2009; 29: 450–7., , , , , , , .
- 17Identification of colorectal adenomas by a quantitative immunochemical faecal occult blood screening test depends on adenoma characteristics, development threshold used and number of tests performed. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2009; 29: 906–17., , , , , , , , .
- 19Principles and practice of mass screening for disease. Public Health Paper No. 34. Geneva: WHO, 1968., .