Tel: +81-3-3545-2511 (ex 3391), Fax: +81-3-3547-8578
Body weight at age 20 years, subsequent weight change and breast cancer risk defined by estrogen and progesterone receptor status—the Japan public health center-based prospective study†
Version of Record online: 8 APR 2011
Copyright © 2010 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 129, Issue 5, pages 1214–1224, 1 September 2011
How to Cite
Suzuki, R., Iwasaki, M., Inoue, M., Sasazuki, S., Sawada, N., Yamaji, T., Shimazu, T., Tsugane, S. and The Japan Public Health Center-based Prospective Study Group (2011), Body weight at age 20 years, subsequent weight change and breast cancer risk defined by estrogen and progesterone receptor status—the Japan public health center-based prospective study. Int. J. Cancer, 129: 1214–1224. doi: 10.1002/ijc.25744
Members of the Japan Public Health Center-based Prospective Study Group (principal investigator: S. Tsugane): S. Tsugane, M. Inoue, T. Sobue, and T. Hanaoka, National Cancer Center, Tokyo; J. Ogata, S. Baba, T. Mannami, A. Okayama, and Y. Kokubo, National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka; K. Miyakawa, F. Saito, A. Koizumi, Y. Sano, I. Hashimoto, and T. Ikuta, Iwate Prefectural Ninohe Public Health Center, Iwate; Y. Miyajima, N. Suzuki, S. Nagasawa, Y. Furusugi, and N. Nagai, Akita Prefectural Yokote Public Health Center, Akita; H. Sanada, Y. Hatayama, F. Kobayashi, H. Uchino, Y. Shirai, T. Kondo, R. Sasaki, Y. Watanabe, Y. Miyagawa, and Y. Kobayashi, Nagano Prefectural Saku Public Health Center, Nagano; Y. Kishimoto, E. Takara, T. Fukuyama, M. Kinjo, M. Irei, and H. Sakiyama, Okinawa Prefectural Chubu Public Health Center, Okinawa; K. Imoto, H. Yazawa, T. Seo, A. Seiko, F. Ito, and F. Shoji, Katsushika Public Health Center, Tokyo; A. Murata, K. Minato, K. Motegi, and T. Fujieda, Ibaraki Prefectural Mito Public Health Center, Ibaraki; K. Matsui, T. Abe, M. Katagiri, and M. Suzuki, Niigata Prefectural Kashiwazaki and Nagaoka Public Health Center, Niigata; M. Doi, A. Terao, Y. Ishikawa, and T. Tagami, Kochi Prefectural Chuo-higashi Public Health Center, Kochi; H. Sueta, H. Doi, M. Urata, N. Okamoto, and F. Ide, Nagasaki Prefectural Kamigoto Public Health Center, Nagasaki; H. Sakiyama, N. Onga, H. Takaesu, and M. Uehara, Okinawa Prefectural Miyako Public Health Center, Okinawa; F. Horii, I. Asano, H. Yamaguchi, K. Aoki, S. Maruyama, M. Ichii, and M. Takano, Osaka Prefectural Suita Public Health Center, Osaka; S. Matsushima and S. Natsukawa, Saku General Hospital, Nagano; K. Suzuki, Research Institute for Brain and Blood Vessels Akita, Akita; M. Kabuto, National Institute for Environmental Studies, Ibaraki; M. Yamaguchi, Y. Matsumura, S. Sasaki, and S. Watanabe, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, Tokyo; M. Noda, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo; S. Tominaga, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Aichi; H. Shimizu, Sakihae Institute, Gifu; M. Iida, W. Ajiki, and A. Ioka, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Disease, Osaka; S. Sato, Osaka Medical Center for Health Science and Promotion, Osaka; Y. Tsubono, Tohoku University, Miyagi; K. Nakamura, Niigata University, Niigata; Y. Honda, K. Yamagishi, and S. Sakurai, Tsukuba University, Ibaraki; M. Akabane, Tokyo University of Agriculture, Tokyo; T. Kadowaki, Tokyo University, Tokyo; Y. Kawaguchi, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo; Y. Takashima, Kyorin University, Tokyo; H. Sugimura, Hamamatsu University, Shizuoka; H. Iso, Osaka University, Osaka; E. Maruyama, Kobe University, Hyogo; M. Konishi, K. Okada, and I. Saito, Ehime University, Ehime; N. Yasuda, Kochi University, Kochi; and S. Kono, Kyushu University, Fukuoka
- Issue online: 25 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 8 APR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 OCT 2010 12:07PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Received: 17 MAR 2010
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan (Grants-in-aid for Cancer Research). Grant Number: 19 shi-2
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan (Grants-in-aid for the 3rd term Comprehensive 10-Year Strategy for Cancer Control). Grant Number: H21-Sanjigan-Ippan-003
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japan (Grants-in-aid for Scientific Research on Priority Area). Grant Number: 17015049
- the Foundation for Promotion of Cancer Research, Japan (Research Resident Fellowship for the 3rd term Comprehensive 10-Year Strategy for Cancer Control) Grant awardee: (Dr. RS)
- 1[Comparison of the trends and current status of obesity between Japan and other developed countries]. Nippon Rinsho 2009; 67: 245–52., , .
- 3National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Current status of the nations Health and Nutrition in Japan, 2004 edn. Tokyo, Japan: Daiich Publisher, 2006.
- 25World Health Organization. International classification of diseases for oncology, 3rd edn. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2000.
- 27Modelling survival data in medical research, texts in statistical scienceed. New York: Chapman & Hall/CRC, 1993..
- 32[Anthropometry and female breast cancer: a prospective cohort study in urban Shanghai]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 2006; 27: 488–93., , , .
- 50Estrogen receptor (ER) and progesterone receptor (PgR), by ligand-binding assay compared with ER, PgR and pS2, by immuno-histochemistry in predicting response to tamoxifen in metastatic breast cancer: a Southwest Oncology Group Study. Int J Cancer 2000; 89: 111–7., , , , , , , , .