Tel.: 808-564-5839, Fax: 808-586-2982
Metabolic syndrome and mammographic density: The Study of Women's Health Across the Nation†
Article first published online: 11 MAR 2011
Copyright © 2010 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 129, Issue 7, pages 1699–1707, 1 October 2011
How to Cite
Conroy, S. M., Butler, L. M., Harvey, D., Gold, E. B., Sternfeld, B., Greendale, G. A. and Habel, L. A. (2011), Metabolic syndrome and mammographic density: The Study of Women's Health Across the Nation. Int. J. Cancer, 129: 1699–1707. doi: 10.1002/ijc.25790
Clinical Centers: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI: MaryFran Sowers, Principal Investigator (PI); Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA: Joel Finkelstein, PI, 1999 to present and Robert Neer, PI, 1994–1999; Rush University, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL: Howard Kravitz, PI, 2009 to present and Lynda Powell, PI, 1994–2009; University of California, Davis/Kaiser, CA: Ellen Gold, PI; University of California, Los Angeles, CA: Gail Greendale, PI; Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY: Rachel Wildman, PI, 2010 and Nanette Santoro, PI 2004–2010; University of Medicine and Dentistry-New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ: Gerson Weiss, PI 1994–2004; and the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA: Karen Matthews, PI. NIH Program Office: National Institute on Aging, Bethesda, MD: Sherry Sherman, 1994 to present and Marcia Ory, 1994–2001; National Institute of Nursing Research, Bethesda, MD: Program Officer. Central Laboratory: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI: Daniel McConnell; (Central Ligand Assay Satellite Services). Coordinating Center: University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA: Kim Sutton-Tyrrell, PI, 2001 to present; New England Research Institutes, Watertown, MA: Sonja McKinlay, PI, 1995–2001. Steering Committee: Susan Johnson, Current Chair; Chris Gallagher, Former Chair.
- Issue published online: 26 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 11 MAR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 NOV 2010 02:29PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Received: 15 JUL 2010
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Institute on Aging (NIA)
- National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR)
- NIH Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH). Grant Numbers: NR004061, AG012505, AG012535, AG012531, AG012539, AG012546, AG012553, AG012554, AG012495
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Numbers: R01CA89552, R25CA90956
- 15Relation of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein, interleukin-6, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, and fibrinogen to abdominal adipose tissue, blood pressure, and cholesterol and triglyceride levels in healthy postmenopausal women. Am J Cardiol 2005; 96: 92–7., , , , , .
- 29SWAN: a multi-center, multi-ethnic, community-based cohort study of women and the menopausal transition. In: LoboRA, KelseyJ, MarcusR, eds. Menopause: Biology and Pathobiology, 1st edn. New York, NY: Academic Press, Inc, 2000. 175–88., , , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 33Standardization of micro-methods for plasma-cholesterol, triglyceride and HDL-cholesterol with the lipid research clinics methodology. J Clin Chem Clin Bio 1981; 19: 850., , , .