*H.-Y.Y. and N.-R.L. contributed equally to this work as co-first authors.
Article first published online: 26 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2010 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 129, Issue 7, pages 1752–1760, 1 October 2011
How to Cite
Yhim, H.-Y., Lee, N.-R., Song, E.-K., Kwak, J.-Y., Lee, S. T., Kim, J. H., Kim, J.-S., Park, H. S., Chung, I.-J., Shim, H.-J., Hwang, J.-E., Kim, H. R., Nam, T.-K., Park, M.-R., Shim, H., Park, H. S., Kim, H. S. and Yim, C.-Y. (2011), The prognostic significance of tumor human papillomavirus status for patients with anal squamous cell carcinoma treated with combined chemoradiotherapy. Int. J. Cancer, 129: 1752–1760. doi: 10.1002/ijc.25825
This study was partly presented at the 2010 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL, USA.
The authors declare that there are no conflicts of interest.
- Issue published online: 26 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 26 FEB 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 DEC 2010 09:52AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 NOV 2010
- Manuscript Received: 16 JUL 2010
- National R&D Program for Cancer Control, Ministry of Health & Welfare, Republic of Korea. Grant Number: 0620220-1
- 2Concomitant radiotherapy and chemotherapy is superior to radiotherapy alone in the treatment of locally advanced anal cancer: results of a phase III randomized trial of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Radiotherapy and Gastrointestinal Cooperative Groups. J Clin Oncol 1997; 15: 2040–9., , , , , , , , .
- 3Role of mitomycin in combination with fluorouracil and radiotherapy, and of salvage chemoradiation in the definitive nonsurgical treatment of epidermoid carcinoma of the anal canal: results of a phase III randomized intergroup study. J Clin Oncol 1996; 14: 2527–39., , , , , , , , , , .
- 8Overexpression of p53 protein and outcome of patients treated with chemoradiation for carcinoma of the anal canal: a report of randomized trial RTOG 87–04. Radiation Therapy Oncology Group. Cancer 1999; 85: 1226–33., , , , , , .
- 11Prognostic factors for squamous cell cancer of the anal canal. Gastrointest Cancer Res 2008; 2: 10–4., , , .