Conflict of interest: C. Pedersen has conducted vaccine trials and clinical research studies with SanofiPasteur, Wyeth, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck Sharpe & Dohme, Tibotec, Roche, ScheringPlough, Pfizer, and BristolMyersSquibb. He received financial support from GSK Biologicals through his institution to conduct our study as well as travel grants and honoraria for courses and conference. M. Lehtinen obtained grants through his employers the National Institute for Health and Welfare and University of Tampere from GSK Biologicals and Merck&Co., Inc. G. Strauss received financial support from GSK Biologicals through her institution to complete our study and declared no personal conflict of interest. T. Petäjä and A. Poder declared they have no conflict of interest. G. Catteau, F. Thomas and D. Descamps are GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals' employees. F. Thomas and D. Descamps own GSK Biologicals stock options.
Infectious Causes of Cancer
Long-term persistence of systemic and mucosal immune response to HPV-16/18 AS04-adjuvanted vaccine in preteen/adolescent girls and young women†
Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2011
Copyright © 2010 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 129, Issue 9, pages 2147–2157, 1 November 2011
How to Cite
Petäjä, T., Pedersen, C., Poder, A., Strauss, G., Catteau, G., Thomas, F., Lehtinen, M. and Descamps, D. (2011), Long-term persistence of systemic and mucosal immune response to HPV-16/18 AS04-adjuvanted vaccine in preteen/adolescent girls and young women. Int. J. Cancer, 129: 2147–2157. doi: 10.1002/ijc.25887
- Issue online: 26 AUG 2011
- Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 DEC 2010 09:25AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 NOV 2010
- Manuscript Received: 12 AUG 2010
- GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals
- 16Efficacy of a prophylactic adjuvanted bivalent L1 virus-like-particle vaccine against infection with human papillomavirus types 16 and 18 in young women: an interim analysis of a phase III double-blind, randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2007; 369: 2161–70., , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 21A review of cross-protection against oncogenic HPV by an HPV-16/18 AS04-adjuvanted cervical cancer vaccine: importance of virological and clinical endpoints and implications for mass vaccination in cervical cancer prevention. Gynecol Oncol 2008; 110: S18–25..
- 47The impact of preventive HPV vaccination. Discov Med 2006; 6: 175–81., , .
- 49GlaxoSmithKline Clinical Trials Register. Complementary testing to further evaluate the immunogenicity of GSK Biologicals' HPV vaccine (580299) in healthy female subjects aged over 26 years enrolled in study 104820. Available at: http://www.gsk-clinicalstudyregister.com/files/pdf/20220.pdf (accessed February 11, 2010).