Tel.: +41-44-255-5500, Fax: +41-44-255-4507
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2011 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 131, Issue 6, pages 1342–1350, 15 September 2012
How to Cite
Reifenberger, G., Hentschel, B., Felsberg, J., Schackert, G., Simon, M., Schnell, O., Westphal, M., Wick, W., Pietsch, T., Loeffler, M., Weller, M. and for the German Glioma Network (2012), Predictive impact of MGMT promoter methylation in glioblastoma of the elderly. Int. J. Cancer, 131: 1342–1350. doi: 10.1002/ijc.27385
Presented at the ASCO Meeting 2011 in Chicago
Conflict of interest: MiW has received honoraria for lectures and advisory board participation for MSD
- Issue published online: 20 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 DEC 2011 02:16AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Received: 28 SEP 2011
- German Cancer Aid (Deutsche Krebshilfe)
- The German Glioma Network (GGN)
- the German Cancer Aid (Deutsche Krebshilfe)
- the GGN teams in each of the participating Clinical Centers
- the Center for Biometry, Documentation and Bioinformatics, University of Leipzig
- 1Patients with IDH1 wild type anaplastic astrocytomas exhibit worse prognosis than IDH1-mutated glioblastomas, and IDH1 mutation status accounts for the unfavorable prognostic effect of higher age: implications for classification of gliomas. Acta Neuropathol 2010; 120: 707–18., , , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 28Glioblastoma (GBM) in elderly patients: a randomized phase III trial comparing survival in patients treated with 6-week radiotherapy (RT) versus hypofractionated RT over 2 weeks versus temozolomide single-agent chemotherapy (TMZ). J Clin Oncol 2010; 28: 7s (suppl; abstr LBA2002)., , , , , , , , .
- 29NOA-08 randomized phase III trial of 1-week-on/1-week-off temozolomide versus involved field radiotherapy in elderly (older than age 65) patients with newly diagnosed anaplastic astrocytoma or glioblastoma (Methusalem). J Clin Oncol 2010; 28: 7s (suppl; abstr LBA2001)., , , , , , , , , .