Tel.: 905-521-2100x73464, Fax: 905-521-1703
Surveillance and survival among adolescents and young adults with cancer in Ontario, Canada
Version of Record online: 29 MAR 2012
Copyright © 2012 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 131, Issue 11, pages 2660–2667, 1 December 2012
How to Cite
Furlong, W., Rae, C., Greenberg, M. L. and Barr, R. D. (2012), Surveillance and survival among adolescents and young adults with cancer in Ontario, Canada. Int. J. Cancer, 131: 2660–2667. doi: 10.1002/ijc.27523
- Issue online: 25 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 29 MAR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 MAR 2012 04:27AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 14 DEC 2011
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- 1Introduction. In: W Archie Bleyer, Ronald D. Barr, eds. Cancer in adolescents and young adults. Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 2007. 1–26., , , .
- 2Cancer epidemiology in older adolescents and young adults 15 to 29 years of age, including SEER incidence and survival: 1975–2000. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, 2006., , , .
- 3Canadian Cancer Society's Steering Committee. Canadian Cancer Statistics 2009. Toronto: Canadian Cancer Society, 2009.
- 4What should the age range be for AYA oncology? J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol 2011; 1: 4., , .
- 5Adolescent and Young Adult Progress Review Group. Closing the gap: research and cancer care imperatives for adolescents and young adults with cancer. Bethesda MD: Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute and LIVESTRONG Young Adult Alliance, August 2006. Available at: http://www.planning.cancer.gov/library/AYAO_PRG_Report_2006_FINAL.pdf. Accessed on December 14, 2011.
- 6Cancer Care Ontario: Cancer in Young adults in Canada. Toronto, Canada, 2006. Available at: http://www.cancercare.on.ca. Accessed on December 14, 2011.
- 19Cure rates in Ewing tumor patients aged over 15 years are better in pediatric oncology units. Results of GPOH CESS/EICESS studies. Proc ASCO 2003; 22: 816(abstract 3279)., , .
- 24Rates of inclusion of teenagers and young adults in England into National Cancer Research Network clinical trials: report from the National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) Teenage and Young Adult Clinical Studies Development Group. Br J Cancer 2008; 99: 1967–74., , , , , , , , , , .
- 26National Institute for Clinical Excellence Guidance on Cancer Services. Improving outcomes in children and young people with cancer. London: NICE, 2005.