Body mass index and survival in patients with renal cell carcinoma: A clinical-based cohort and meta-analysis
Version of Record online: 20 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 132, Issue 3, pages 625–634, 1 February 2013
How to Cite
Choi, Y., Park, B., Jeong, B. C., Seo, S. I., Jeon, S. S., Choi, H. Y., Adami, H.-O., Lee, J. E. and Lee, H. M. (2013), Body mass index and survival in patients with renal cell carcinoma: A clinical-based cohort and meta-analysis. Int. J. Cancer, 132: 625–634. doi: 10.1002/ijc.27639
- Issue online: 26 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 20 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 MAY 2012 07:09AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 5 MAR 2012
- 4WCRF. World Cancer Research Fund. Food, nutrition, physical activity, and the prevention of cancer: a global perspective, 2nd edn. Washington: American Institute for Cancer Research, 2007.
- 17AJCC cancer staging manual 6th edn. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag, 2002., , .
- 19Fritz A, Percy C, Jack A, ed. International classification of diseases for oncology, 3rd edn. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2000.
- 20Korean National Statistics Office: Korean statistical information service. Available at: http://www.kostat.go.kr, August 10, 2011 accessed.
- 21Korean National Statistics Office. Annual report on the cause of death statistics (based on vital registration), Daejeon: Korean National Statistics Office, 2010, pp. 254.
- 22Korean National Statistics Office. Korea Standard Classification of Cause of Death (KCD), Seoul: 3rd revision: Korean National Statistics Office, 1995.
- 23World Health Organization. International classifications of diseases and related health problems: manual of the international statistical classification of diseases, injuries, and causes of death, 10th edn. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1992.
- 24Steering Committee of the Western Pacific Region of the World Health Organization, the International Association for the Study of Obesity, the International Obesity Task Force: The Asia-Pacific perspective: redefining obesity and its treatment. Melbourne, Australia, Health Communications Australia Pty Limited, 2000.
- 29Does overweight impact on the prognosis of patients with renal cell carcinoma? A single center experience of 683 patients. J Surg Oncol 2004; 88: 57: 61; discussion 61–62., , , et al.
- 32Preoperative nutritional status is an important predictor of survival in patients undergoing surgery for renal cell carcinoma. Eur Urol 201; 59: 923–928., , , et al.
- 39Comparison of oncological outcomes of transperitoneal and retroperitoneal laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for the management of clear-cell renal cell carcinoma: a multi-institutional study. BJU Int 2011; 107: 1467–1472., , , et al.